Zaroffians are a humanoid alien species from the planet Sangerosia.
Zaroffians are humanoids with turquoise skin, small dark red eyes, gills under their cheeks, and large lower jaws that are fused with their lips, similar to Detrovites.
Powers and abilities
Seeing as how they are proficient at hacking, it is implied that Zaroffians possess enhanced intelligence.
Zaroffians are quite agile, being able to avoid being hit by weapons fire.
Zaroffians are durable for their size, enough to be unfazed by a Talpaedan's attacks.
Zaroffians can be affected by a Nemuina's sleeping dust. They also appear to be afraid of Nemuinas in general; this is likely due to being unable to defend themselves from their dream manipulation abilities.
Zaroffians are vulnerable to electricity, such as that generated by a Cerebrocrustacean.
Being a sapient species, Zaroffians can suffer from mental side effects if they were to use the Nemetrix. This can be avoided if they were to have a Slimebiote attached to both themselves and the Nemetrix.
Culture and society
In the past, Zaroffians worked as miners until they began dying due to the hostile and toxic environment of their planet.
Only a handful of Zaroffians have managed to successfully escape Sangerosia. The list of those who have reads like a "Who's Who" of the galaxy's most ruthless warlords, despots, and mercenaries. Of those Zaroffians, only one by the name of Khyber became a huntsman. However, it is currently unknown whether Khyber was either an indentured worker or one of the masterminds behind the whole operation.
- Khyber, the only Zaroffian seen on-screen, shares many similarities with the Yautja. Primarily, they both use bone fragments from their victims as either armor or weapons, have trophy rooms skilled with the skeletal remains of their prey, and travel between planets on huge spaceships.
- A similarity that used to apply was that Khyber once had an Anubian Baskurr as a hunting dog during his earlier encounters with Ben Tennyson and Rook Blonko.
- The name "Zaroffian" is an homage to the villainous big-game hunter character General Zaroff from Richard Connell's The Most Dangerous Game.
- It is implied that the Omnitrix contains Zaroffian DNA. The crew may have thought of a name for the the transformation at one point, but no one seems to remember it.
- According to the Omniverse production bible
- Although they are from different universes, it has confirmed by Derrick J. Wyatt that a Zaroffian's strength is at a power level similar to Metahumans like Captain America.
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt