Vaxasaurians are an extraterrestrial species of humanoid dinosaur-like aliens from the planet Terradino.
In their base size, Vaxasaurians resemble humanoid dinosaurs with four-fingered ape-like hands, three-toed elephant-like feet, white almost Human-like teeth with some fangs, eyes that either lack pupils or have cat-like pupils, and eyebrow-like extensions on their foreheads.
Male Vaxasaurians have tan, brown, beige, dark green or gray skin with their underbellies, the front side of their necks, and sometimes the sides of theirs arms that face the body being lighter-colored.
Females have medium red skin and slightly darker underbellies. Their chins are slimmer and they have stripes around their body that are a darker shade of their skin color. They also appear to have feminine mammalian traits.
When at full size, Vaxasaurians gain Stegosauride plates on their backs and thagomizers on the tail. Three plates on their shoulders separate and grow alongside the plates on the forearms. A small triangular extension on the top chest plate forms on the bottom while the bottom sides stretch down and curve towards the center, ending at a point. The legs also seem to become slightly longer.
Much like Earth dinosaurs, Vaxasaurians reproduce by laying eggs.
Vaxasaurians are omnivorous.
Vaxasaurians are preyed on by Kaosseffexx Ultimasaurias, especially since they are unable to lift them for long periods of time, and can be trapped by their webbing.
Powers and abilities
Vaxasaurians can grow their size at will, making their dinosaurian features pronounced. They can sometimes generate their Stegosauride features without having to change their size. They can even shrink down to about 10 feet (~ 3.04 m).
Vaxasaurians possess tremendous superhuman strength for their size, allowing them to throw objects into near-orbit and lift a To'kustar even in their base height. Technically speaking, they are physically stronger than Methanosians and Crystalsapiens.
Vaxasaurians are skilled in gladiatorial combat, allowing them to fight on-par with other beings around their size, such as Tiny's Species, Acrosians, Detrovites, Appoplexians, and Perplexahedron guards.
A Vaxasaurian's thick hide makes them durable against most attacks. For Omni-Kix and Omni-Naut Vaxasaurians, their natural durability is increased thanks to their respective armors.
Vaxasaurians are quite agile for their size, being able to perform tackle slides and evade attacks while jumping.
Certain Vaxasaurians seem to have naturally-occurring weapons on the ends of their tails that resemble a plethora of medieval weaponry including maces, swords, war hammers, and battle axes.
Vaxasaurians can produce shockwaves by either clapping their hands together or slamming their tails (especially those with weapons) against the ground. These shockwaves can blow away those affected within its vicinity.
Due to the alterations Kevin Levin has made to the Antitrix, Humungoraptor is more powerful than ordinary Vaxasaurian. He also has natural armor akin to an Evolved Vaxasaurian's, sharp claws and teeth, and can fire powerful energy beams from his mouth.
Omni-Kix Vaxasaurians can absorb energy through their back spines with every impact or attack they make. Once enough energy has been gathered, they can fire powerful green energy blasts from their mouths.
Regular Vaxasaurians can temporarily survive in the vacuum of space without any special equipment. However, Omni-Naut Vaxasaurians can easily survive in space thanks to their armor.
Besides space survivability, Omni-Naut Vaxasaurians can breathe underwater thanks to their armor and fly through the use of their jetpacks.
When under the effects of an Earth cold, Vaxasaurians can accidentally sneeze out sprays of slimy snot from their mouths.
A Vaxasaurian's large size makes them very slow, unable to fit in tight places, and an easy target for enemies.
Vaxasaurians are primarily built for terrestrial land, meaning they require oxygen to survive. Consequently, they are unable to breathe underwater without Omni-Naut armor or some other form of equipment.
Correlating with their need for oxygen, Vaxasaurians are limited to holding their breath while in space.
Vaxasaurians can be trapped in webbing, such as that generated by a Kaosseffexx Ultimasauria or an Evolved Arachnichimp.
Despite their enhanced strength, Vaxasaurians are unable to lift anything bigger than a Kaosseffexx Ultimasauria. Technically speaking, they are physically weaker than evolved Vaxasaurians, Atasians, Chimera Sui Generi, and Tetramands.
Vaxasaurians can be easily overpowered by a Celestialsapien's telekinesis.
Vaxasaurians can be lifted by a species with as much strength as Trombipulor's Species.
A Vaxasaurian's tail weapon can accidentally cause collateral damage and make them injure themselves.
Vaxasaurians are unable to create shockwaves if they slam their tails on soft surfaces such as mud.
Omni-Naut Vaxasaurians can be knocked out of the sky if their jetpacks take enough damage.
If under the effects of an Earth cold, a Vaxasaurian's natural strength and stamina are severely reduced.
Culture and society
Vaxasaurians are more technology advanced than Humans, as they can travel through space and engage with other species.
Vaxasaurians can occasionally be seen in clothing. The attire can include caveman-like loincloths, stone-based accessories and/or bones and skulls of other species.
Like Humans, a Vaxasaurian can develop a need for glasses.
- The Omnitrix's Vaxasaurian representative is named Humungousaur, who first appeared in the Alien Force episode "Ben 10 Returns: Part 2". Humungousaur has appeared in every subsequent series.
- The Ben Tennyson of Dimension 23 has an equivalent of Humungousaur named Dino-Mighty, who first appeared in the Omniverse episode "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 2".
- The reboot version of Kevin 11,000 has a mutant hybrid equivalent of Humungousaur named Humungoraptor, who first appeared in the movie event Ben 10,010.
- Humungousaur has also been used by the Prime Timeline Gwen and Azmuth, Albedo, Vilgax's Bioid army, the Ben 10 Franklin version of Benjamin Franklin, a Plant Clone, and the Alpha Nanite.
- Before making their debut in the reboot series, it was confirmed that the Omnitrix in that series contained Vaxasaurian DNA. Therefore, Humungousaur was one of the countless aliens whose DNA pod was glimpsed in the episode "Innervasion Part 5: High Override" before being added to the active playlist for Season 3, replacing Wildvine.
- It has originally stated that Vaxasaurians in the reboot continuity cannot alter their size. The statement was later refuted.
- An Omni-Kix Vaxasaurian's ability to fire green energy blasts from his mouth is a homage to Godzilla's atomic breath.
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt
- According to Dwayne McDuffie
- Although they are from different universes, it has confirmed by Duncan Rouleau that a Vaxasaurian's strength is at a power level similar to Metahumans like Sasquatch.
- According to Eugene Son
- According to Matt Wayne
- According to Duncan Rouleau
- Although they are from different universes, it has confirmed by Rouleau that Vaxasaurians are physically weaker than Metahumans like the Hulk.