Transylians are an extraterrestrial species of Frankenstein's Monster-like humanoids from the planet Anur Transyl.
Transylians are a Human-like species which resemble Frankenstein's monster in the sense that they have stitches across their bodies. They also have a pair of metallic-organic generator-like growths on their backs, which they gain as they age.
Powers and abilities
Transylians are capable of shooting electric bursts from either their hands or the generators on their backs that are powerful enough to harm Piscciss Premann, Arburian Pelarotas, tangible Ectonurites, and Evolved Necrofriggians. Although their bio-electricity discharge is naturally colored green, it can come in other colors such as purple, blue, and grey.
Transylians can attach to metal surfaces using electromagnetism.
Transylians can survive in the vacuum of space, likely due to their undead-like nature.
Transylians are immune to intense heat, such as a Pyronite's attacks and an evolved Necrofriggian's ice flames.
Transylians possess enhanced strength, being able to punch through robots. They also possess enhanced dexterity, as they can throw manhole covers like frisbees.
Transylians possess a degree of enhanced speed, enough to keep up with Appoplexians.
Like the other races in the Anur System, Transylians are immune to the effects of Corrodium and can see in the dark.
Certain Transylians possess enhanced intelligence, as Viktor is considered to be the preeminent scientist of the Anur System.
Despite all of their electrokinetic abilities, Transylians are incapable of absorbing electricity. Additionally, they can be harmed by their own electricity.
As their generator-like growths are the source of their electricity, opponents such as a hybrid Terroranchula can absorb electricity through them.
Certain Transylians are unable to fit through small or tight spaces.
Like other organic beings, Transylians can be banished to another timeline by a Chronosapien.
Culture and society
Depending on the individual, Transylians have a myriad of personalities, though according to Viktor, they commonly share a hatred of Vladats, due to being enslaved by them and used ultimately as food in the past.
Transylians are not too friendly towards beings from outside the Anur System and view them as monsters. They are also one of several races under the command of the Ectonurites.
Transylians view anything hideously ugly as attractive. For example, Viktoria had a crush on Ben Tennyson while he developed a severe case of acne, a side-effect of Swampfire undergoing his "blossoming".
Anur Transyl used to be home of two different races: the Transylians and the Vladats. The Transylians were the Vladats' main source of food until the Transylians rebelled against the Vladats, using superior technology that they had developed in secret, they hunted all Vladats on Anur Transyl into utter extinction and became the dominant species on Anur Transyl.
At some point, Transylians learned how to harness the lightning from Anur Transyl's giant storms with their own electric powers.
- The Omnitrix's Transylian representative is named Frankenstrike (formally known as Benviktor), who first appeared in the original series episode "Be Afraid of the Dark" after the Omnitrix "sampled" Viktor's DNA. Frankenstrike solely appears in the original series and Omniverse.
- The Ben Tennyson of Dimension 23 has an equivalent of Frankenstrike named Lightning Volt, who first appeared in the Omniverse episode "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 2".
- Nega Ben has an equivalent of Frankenstrike named the Electric Corpse.
- Frankenstrike has also been used by Benzarro. Despite not appearing on-screen, it is confirmed that Albedo and Mad Ben both have Frankenstrike available in their Omnitrixes.
- The name Transylian is a play on Transylvania.
- In the original series, Transylians were referred to as the second smartest race in the galaxy behind the Galvan. This has been retconned in Omniverse, as enhanced intelligence is not a common trait among Transylians.
- Similar to how Humans have organ donors, Transylians can have their limbs replaced with those from another member of their species. However, the process is much easier with no tissue rejection.
- It is confirmed that Tummyhead is not a Transylian.
- In 2020, Derrick J. Wyatt released full-color models of Frankenstrike's hypothetical appearance in Omniverse flashbacks, the Electric Corpse, and alternate counterparts used by Albedo and Mad Ben.
- It is confirmed that the Omnitrix from the Ben 10 reboot contains Transylian DNA. Therefore, Frankenstrike is one of the countless aliens whose DNA pod was glimpsed in the episode "Innervasion Part 5: High Override".
- Frankenstrike was among the aliens considered to physically appear in the reboot, but did not make the cut because Shock Rock was given a heavy focus during Season 2.
- According to the trivia version of the episode "Be Afraid of the Dark"
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt
- According to Dwayne McDuffie
- According to the trivia version of the episode "The Return"
- According to Duncan Rouleau