Toepick's Species is an unnamed ogre-like species that is considered to be the scariest race in the universe.
Biology[edit | edit source]
Anatomy[edit | edit source]
Members of this species are ogre-like aliens with yellowish-green skin, weed-like spikes on their arms, and pointed fingertips. Their faces are hidden behind metallic cages due to how horrifying they look to anyone who sees them face-to-face. These faces are supposed to resemble an eldritch horror and are covered by a layer of tentacles.
Diet[edit | edit source]
This species eats organic food.
Powers and abilities[edit | edit source]
The faces of this species are so horrifying and hideous that no one can look at them without being scared to the point of turning pale white. The sight of their faces can cause adverse effects including fear, sickness, and madness.
Other beings such as Humans, Argit's Species, Ectonurites, Chimera Sui Generi, Chronosapiens (albeit depending on the time), Appoplexians, Kryptonians, Green Martians, supernatural entities such as Freddy Kruger, and even Celestialsapien personalities can be frightened by this species.
In addition to their face, this species can bulge their eyes outwards and produce horrifying sounds to induce extra terror. Whenever their helmets prepare to open, a small amount of green gas is released.
This species' faces taps into the primordial fears locked in all beings' subconscious and primitive brains, and can counteract forces that feed on fear.
Beings with seemingly no emotions such as Jason Voorhees and Michael Myers can experience headaches, disorientation, and other discomforts and confusions when in the presence of this species.
This species has a type of layered multiphasic eyesight that makes their already mediocre vision even worse when looking at multidimensional or unknowable sights, meaning that they cannot be frightened by their own faces if they were to look into anything reflective.
The helmets worn by this species are incredibly difficult to damage.
This species has a degree of enhanced strength, enough to lift a car. Technically speaking, their strength is at a level similar to beings like Gorilla Grodd.
This species can shoot acid from their fingertips.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
This species is relatively heavy, meaning that they can easily lose balance. They also have below-average reflexes, making it easy for enemies to sneak up on them before they open their cages.
Beings that lack sapient emotion or survival instincts, such as drones and robots, would be immune to this species' fear-inducing abilities. However, it would invoke some sort of defensive reaction from them.
Too much exposure to this species' faces can leave other beings scared to the point of being unable to eat or sleep.
There are certain beings this species is unable to scare, including Ma Vreedle because "she [has] seen worse". In fact, this species is actually scared of Ma Vreedle. Other beings they are unable to scare include Professor Paradox and Dagon.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Omnitrix's representative for this species is named Toepick, who was confirmed to exist in the original series episode "Ken 10" before eventually appearing in the Omniverse episode "Special Delivery". Toepick solely appears in Omniverse.
- The Ben Tennyson of Dimension 23 has an equivalent of Toepick named Fright Face. However, he only used the form once because of his low poll ratings.
- Despite not appearing on-screen, it is confirmed that Ben 10,000 has Toepick available in his Omnitrix.
- The appearance and abilities of this species are inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft.
- This species' acid powers were accidentally forgotten by the time Toepick was incorporated into Omniverse because the crew was unable to keep record of all the trivia facts mentioned in the marathon of "enhanced" Ben 10 episodes that aired on the same week as the series premiere of Alien Force. Despite that, Derrick J. Wyatt still believes this species has acid powers.
- It has been confirmed that this species does not hail from the Anur System.
- It is confirmed that the Omnitrix from the Ben 10 reboot contains DNA for this species. Therefore, Toepick is one of the countless aliens whose DNA pod was glimpsed in the episode "Innervasion Part 5: High Override".
References[edit | edit source]
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt
- According to the trivia version of the episode "Ken 10"
- According to Matt Wayne
- According to Duncan Rouleau