The Thep Khufans are a race of mummy-like aliens from the planet Anur Khufos in the Anur System. They are one of several races under the command of the Ectonurites.
Biology[edit | edit source]
Anatomy[edit | edit source]
Thep Khufans are mummy-like creatures composed entirely of organic bandages made from an alien material that feels like old cloth but have elasticity and a removeable head.
Powers and abilities[edit | edit source]
Being composed of bandages, Thep Khufans can reshape their bodies at will. This allows them to split themselves apart to dodge attacks, reform themselves to counter-attack, and generate more bandages for various needs.
A Thep Khufan's body is completely hollow, making them extremely flexible, and can regenerate itself if any part of them takes damage.
Although Thep Khufans are frail, they possess a degree of enhanced strength, allowing them to punch away a Squid Monster with ease. Similarly, they can lift objects and people as big as a Segmentasapien with their stretchable limbs.
Thep Khufans are rather durable, being able to withstand being thrown around by a Loboan and deflecting lasers using their bandages.
By reducing their bodies down to single bandages, Thep Khufans can slip through extremely tight spaces or small openings, allowing them to escape various traps or maneuver through cramped areas before reforming afterwards.
Because of their composition, Thep Khufans can breath underwater and survive in the vacuum of space.
Thep Kufans can probably fling themselves up in the air by grabbing two surfaces.
Similar to Petrosapiens, Thep Kufans can extend their arms to superhuman lengths. They may also fold their hands like origami and shape them into weapons, though it would be like hitting someone with a paper Mache boulder.
Like the other races in the Anur System, Thep Khufans are immune to the effects of Corrodium and can see in the dark. Furthermore, they can contain pieces of Corrodium in their torsos, which in turn protects other beings from being mutated.
Thep Khufans can train themselves to perform magic similar to Egyptian curses.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
Thep Khufans can be tangled up in their own bandages. There is also an upper limit to how much tension said bandages can withstand before breaking.
Thep Khufans are incredibly light, meaning that can be easily blown away by strong winds. They are also very fragile, meaning that they can be torn to pieces.
Thep Khufans can be frozen by liquid nitrogen and semi-permanently destroyed by fire.
Despite being able to breathe underwater, Thep Khufans can become waterlogged from too much exposure to liquids.
Culture and society[edit | edit source]
The more well-off Thep Khufans sleep in sarcophagi, while the poorer ones are unable to afford them. Therefore, sarcophagi are a kind of status symbol among the Thep Khufan wealthy elite.
The Thep Khufans seen on Anur Transyl do not appear to be friendly towards beings from outside the Anur System and view them as monsters.
Language[edit | edit source]
Thep Khufans speak using somewhat filtered voices.
Religion[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Omnitrix's Thep Khufan representative is named Snare-oh (formally known as Benmummy), who first appeared in the original series episode "The Return". He was originally unlocked in "Under Wraps" after the Omnitrix "sampled" the Mummy Alien's DNA. Snare-oh solely appears in the original series and Omniverse.
- Snare-oh has also been used by Ben 10,000 and Benzarro. Despite appearing on-screen, it has been confirmed that Albedo has Snare-oh available in his Omnitrix.
- Thep Khufans are the only beings who can handle Corrodium without special protection, unless other Anur System races are counted.
- Whenever Thep Khufans stretch their bandages out, a moaning sound can be heard.
- Like ancient mummies, Kuphulu's temple resembles the inside of Egyptian pyramids and tombs, complete with statues, wall paintings and hieroglyphs.
- In 2020, Derrick J. Wyatt released a full-color model of an alternate version of Snare-oh used by Albedo.
- It is confirmed that the Omnitrix from the Ben 10 reboot contains Thep Khufan DNA. Therefore, Snare-oh is one of the countless aliens whose DNA pod was glimpsed in the episode "Innervasion Part 5: High Override".
References[edit | edit source]
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt
- According to Dwayne McDuffie
- According to the trivia version of the episode "Be Afraid of the Dark"
- According to Duncan Rouleau