Talpaedans are a humanoid armadillo-like species from Terraexcava, a desert planet in the Andromeda Galaxy.
Biology[edit | edit source]
Anatomy[edit | edit source]
Talpaedans are 10-feet-tall robotic armadillo-like aliens with heads that look similar to a Greek Corinthian helmet, hard armored skin, jackhammer-like arms with grey or gold pistons, grey or gold tails, four-fingered hands, and three-toed feet. Some of them have grey or gold shoulder bolts. They also have grey, partially translucent blood.
Although they traditionally have yellow skin, Talpedans can come in other colors. For example, Talpaedans from Dimension 23 have blue skin and Negative Armodrillo has red skin.
Ecology[edit | edit source]
Talpaedans are preyed on by Slammoids, who can also dig underground at a fast rate.
Powers and abilities[edit | edit source]
Talpedans have incredible digging capabilities thanks to the powerful organic pneumatic drills built into their forearms. They can transform their hands into drills to help themselves burrow underground and move through solid earth and rocks. A Talpedan's drill hands can be very useful in battle, and cause a lot of pain to a Galilean.
Talpaedans are heavily armored, making them durable enough to withstand attacks from many powerful opponents and being thrown through walls and other solid surfaces. They are also immune to an Aerophibian's neuroshock blasts.
Talpedans can create destructive earthquakes and vibrations capable of collapsing buildings into rubble by either placing or slamming their hands on the ground before pumping their jackhammer pistons. Similarly, they can propel themselves into the air using this procedure.
Talpadans can create shock waves powerful enough to blast away a Crabdozer with a single punch and launch objects around the same size as an Atrocian that they are holding using their jackhammer arms.
Talpadans have the capability to cause a magnitude 10 earthquake depending where they tried, such as fault lines on tectonic plates.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
Certain weapons can cause a Talpedan's nervous system to go out-of-control, making them unable to stop vibrating their arms.
A Talpaedan's drills are in effective against a species with great durability, such as Tetramands.
Talpaedans can be suffocated if a large amount of matter, including Nanochip drones, covers their bodies and compresses them hard enough.
Talpaedans are unable to generate earthquakes on certain surfaces, such as bedrock.
Culture and society[edit | edit source]
Technology[edit | edit source]
Talpaedans have developed machinery capable of resisting impacts.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Omnitrix's Talpaedan representative is named Armodrillo, who first appeared in the Ultimate Alien episode "Hero Time". He was originally unlocked in "Andreas' Fault" after the Ultimatrix scanned Andreas. Armodrillo solely appears in Ultimate Alien and Omniverse.
- The Ben Tennyson of Dimension 23 has an equivalent of Armodrillo named Toolboxx, who first appeared in the Omniverse episode "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 1".
- Armodrillo has also been used by Albedo and No Watch Ben.
- The name Talpaedan is derived from "Talpidae", a family of subterranean mammals that includes moles and desmans.
- A Talpaedan's arms resemble those of Big O from The Big O. Meanwhile, their jackhammer powers are similar to an attack performed by Cybertronian of the same body-type as Rumble and Frenzy.
- In Ultimate Alien, it was originally believed that the Talpaedans' home planet was Poiana Lüncas, which was at one point turned into an asteroid belt. This has been retconned in Omniverse, as Talpaedans are now inhabitants of the planet Terraexcava.
- One of the trophies seen on Khyber's ship is a Talpaedan arm.
- It is confirmed that the Omnitrix from the Ben 10 reboot contains Talpaedan DNA. Therefore, Armodrillo is one of the countless aliens whose DNA pod was glimpsed in the episode "Innervasion Part 5: High Override".
References[edit | edit source]
- According to Duncan Rouleau
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt
- According to the Armodrillo character bio included in Cartoon Network Action Pack comics