As their species' name suggests, Sphoeroids are large blowfish/lizard-like creatures with round, fat bodies mostly dominated by their "head". They also have green skin with tan underbellies, stubby legs with rhinoceros-shaped feet, short arms with bloated four-fingered hands, and long lizard-like tails.
A Sphoeroid's face consists of a large, jaw-filled mouth with black lips, round yellow eyes at the corners, three green "quills" on the forehead, and two tan quills on the chin.
Powers and abilities Edit
Sphoeroids are able to expand to spew massive amounts of a green slippery slime.
A Sphoeroid's slime can be made highly conductive by electricity, such as that generated by a Nosedeenian.
Sphoeroids possess a degree of enhanced strength, being able to push back entities around their size.
Because they have no nostrils, Sphoeroids are immune to poisonous gases like those on their home planet.
Sphoeroids can accidentally slip on their own slime.
Sphoeroids can be unintentionally shocked due to their slime being highly conductive.
- The Omnitrix's Sphoeroid representative is named Spitter, who first appeared in the original series episode "Ben 10,000". He was originally unlocked off-screen after the events of the film Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens. Spitter solely appears in the original series.
- Spitter has also been used by Ben 10,000 and Ken 10. Despite not appearing on-screen, it is confirmed that Benzarro has Spitter available in his Omnitrix.
- The Sphoeroids were conceived by repurposing a prototype design for Upchuck's appearance in the original series.
- The name Sphoeroid comes from "Sphoeroides", a genus of pufferfishes.
- When attempting to incorporate Spitter into Omniverse, his design was proposed as being an updated version of his previous appearances with a new costume that had more green on it. However, he was excluded from the series because the crew tried to include as many returning Omnitrix aliens as possible but eventually ran out of time.
- In 2020, Derrick released a full-color model of Spitter's hypothetical appearance in Omniverse.
- It is confirmed that the Omnitrix from the Ben 10 reboot contains Sphoeroid DNA. Therefore, Spitter is one of the countless aliens whose DNA pod was glimpsed in the episode "Innervasion Part 5: High Override".