Sonorosians are creatures made of living sound waves encased in containment suits from the planet Sonorosia.
Sonorosians are made of living sound waves, but wear white containment suits made of silicon. The circle-shaped indents on the back of a Sonorosian's hands are sound holes that help them resonate. They wear headphones so they cannot be hurt by their own sonic screams.
Although a Sonorosian's eyes, the interiors of their mouths, and their sounds holes are traditionally green, they can come in other colors. For example, Negative Echo Echo's are red.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
A Sonorosian's sonic screams can be used to stop projectiles in mid-flight, overload machinery, and create forcefields. They can also can agonize Klyntar and damage Taydenite if projected at the correct frequency.
Similar to Splixsons, Sonorosians can self-duplicate themselves. However, unlike Splixsons, Sonorosian clones are not linked in any way, allowing entire groups to be knocked out without harming the rest.
Sonorosians can perform echolocation, being able to locate objects and people, using their sonic screams.
Sonorosians can detect vibrations in the ground and channel them to enhance their screams. They can also transmit their sound waves through speakers, such as phones.
Sonorosians are durable enough to withstand being thrown against a wall. They are also quite agile, being able to jump exceptionally high.
Sonorosians can apply their self-duplication on whatever objects they may be holding in their hands.
Sonorosians can levitate in the air.
When under the effects of an Earth cold, Sonorosians can accidentally unleash sonic sneezes.
There is a limit to the durability of a Sonorosian's containment suit, meaning they can easily be harmed by an Aerophibian's neuroshock blasts.
Sonorosians are vulnerable to electricity, such as a Cerebrocrustacean's electric beams.
Sonorosians can be incapacitated by quills fired by Argit's Species
Sonorosians can be immobilized in ice, such as that generated by a Necrofriggian.
There is a limit to the number of duplicates a Sonorosian can make, which depends on the amount of energy they have access to.
Culture and society Edit
Sonorosians speak using voices that sound robotic, almost like a voice synthesizer.
- The Omnitrix's Sonorosian representative is named Echo Echo, who first appeared in the Alien Force episode "Ben 10 Returns: Part 2". Echo Echo has appeared in almost every subsequent series except the reboot.
- The Ben Tennyson of Dimension 23 has an equivalent of Echo Echo named Copy Copy, who was confirmed to exist in the Omniverse episode "And Then There Was Ben".
- Echo Echo has also been used by Albedo. Despite not appearing on-screen, it is confirmed that Mad Ben has Echo Echo available in his Omnitrix.
- The name "Sonorosian" is a play on sonic and sonar.
- When introduced in Alien Force, Sonorosians were originally referred to as robotic aliens. This has been retconned in Omniverse, as they are now living sound waves encased in containment suits.
- Derrick J. Wyatt views Sonorosians being able to create duplicates of objects they are holding as the result of a glitch with the prototype Omnitrix. However, Matt Wayne does not believe this to be true because he was unaware of the existence of "glitch powers".
- A Sonorosian's singing would sound like auto-tune, through they are really good at dubstep.
- It is confirmed that the Omnitrix from the Ben 10 reboot contains Sonorosian DNA. Therefore, Echo Echo is one of the countless aliens whose DNA pod was glimpsed in the episode "Innervasion Part 5: High Override".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 According to Derrick J. Wyatt
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 According to Matt Wayne
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 According to Dwayne McDuffie
- ↑ An icon of Echo Echo's head can be glimpsed on Mad Ben's Omnitrix in the Omniverse episode "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 2".
- ↑ According to Duncan Rouleau