The Shingouz are a spacefaring species widely known as the best spies and information smugglers of the galaxy. They pride themselves in that; although they seldom care about work ethics; they will never lie to a client.
The Shingouz are short, brown-colored bipeds with non-functional leathery wings, a muscular tail, a tubular proboscis and yellow eyes. Their homeworld is a desolated wasteland with perpetually rainy weather and virtually no resources. They require the same environmental conditions as Humans. They are also known as great appreciators of alcoholic beverages, to the point that they have three stomachs - each specialized for digesting different categories of drinks. This is because their homeworld possesses natural bodies of glingue, an alcoholic substance, which often constitutes the single source of nourishment available to the natives.
The Shingouz live and travel in groups of three or multiples of three; with marriages occurring between a trio of males and a trio of females. They also invariably give birth to triplets.
- Valérian and Laureline:
- Ambassador of the Shadows (1975)
- The Ghosts of Inverloch (1984)
- The Rage of Hypsis (1985)
- The Circles of Power (1994)
- Hostages of the Ultralum (1996)
- The Time Opener (2010)
- The Inhabitants of the Sky: The Cosmic Atlas of Valérian and Laureline (1991)
- Valerian and the City of a Thousands Planets (2017; as "Dogan Dagui")
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets: The Official Movie Novelization (2017; as "Dogan Dagui")