The Pyronites are humanoid magma-based aliens from the planet-like star Pyros.
Pyronites are a humanoid species who are composed of flames and rock that flare up on their head like hair and they have reddish rocks covering their bodies.
Female Pyronites are basically the same as male Pyronites, except they have more curved figures and their chests slightly jut outward.
The Pyronites' natural predators are Crabdozers.
Powers and abilities
Pyronites are masters of fire, capable of generating flames from their bodies in many forms ranging from shooting fireballs from their hands to breathing fire out of their mouths like dragons. The flames can be projected as weapons powerful enough to harm Sonorosians, full-size Vaxasaurians, and hybrid Prypiatosian-Bs.
Pyronites are not limited to simply creating fire. Because their bodies are naturally heat convective, they are able to absorb heat, effectively allowing them to put out fires.
Since they are literally made of fire, Pyronites are fireproof, heat-resistant, and invulnerable to magma. They are also cold-resistant and ice-proof thanks to the heat they produce.
Pyronites appear to have enhanced durability, being able to withstand being thrown across multiple buildings at high speeds with no visible damage. For Omni-Enhanced, Omni-Kix, and Omni-Naut Pyronites, their natural durability is increased thanks to their respective armors.
Pyronites are capable of limited terrakinesis by channeling fire through the ground. One result of this capability is the ability to "surf" through the air on a board of rock.
Pyronites can shoot streams of fire by pointing their arms downwards, providing them with a means of flight. For Omni-Enhanced and Omni-Naut Pyronites, they can instead use their jetpacks to fly
Due to the alterations Kevin Levin has made to the Antitrix, Hot Shot is more powerful than ordinary Pyronites.
Omni-Enhanced Pyronites can electrify their fire attacks and possess an increased resistance to water.
Omni-Kix and Omni-Naut Pyronites are equipped with flamethrower arms that can shoot either fireballs or a stream of flames.
Because of their heat and fire-based nature, Pyronites do not react well to water, fire retardants, or a Crabdozer's saliva. Exposure to these substances can temporarily extinguish their flames, preventing them from using the full extent of their abilities.
A Pyronite's fire attacks are useless against certain materials, including a Crabdozer's fireproof skin, Petrosapiens and anything else diamond-related. Even the most intense heatwaves they can generate are ineffective against a Chimera Sui Generis.
Despite their enhanced durability, Pyronites can be paralyzed by an Aerophibian's neuroshock blasts.
Despite being ice-proof, Pyronites can temporarily be immobilized by an Evolved Necrofriggian's ice flames.
Pyronites can lose their fire out of exhaustion after continuously using their powers for a while.
Pyronites can be affected by magic, as there is a spell that can constraint them in glowing purple "chains".
When under the effects of an Earth cold, a Pyronite's pyrokinesis is replaced with cryokinesis. Despite these new powers, the effected Pyronite works completely "nonfunctional" to their fiery nature and the cold will still prejudice their health.
Culture and society
Due to their homeworld being a planet-like star, Pyronites have had limited contact with other alien species. Because of this, they have spent their whole lives perfecting their pyrokinetic abilities.
Pyronites seek to perfect their pyrokinetic powers by trying many different extreme sports, like windsurfing and Dune Buggy racing.
Pyronites tend to make fire-related puns.
A few coats of Pyronite wax can make anything completely fireproof.
During one of their games, the Pyronites were visited by the Ekoplektoids, who came to Pyros unexpectedly to search for more space for their own kind.
Kineceleran representatives came to Pyros to discuss with the Pyronites about the diplomacy while the younger members of both races played a heated game of fire balls.
- The Omnitrix's Pyronite representative is named Heatblast, who first appeared in the original series episode "And Then There Were 10". Heatblast has appeared in almost every series except Alien Force.
- The Ben Tennyson of Dimension 23 has an equivalent of Heatblast named Charcoal-Man, who was confirmed to exist in the Omniverse episode "Store 23".
- The reboot version of Kevin 11 has a mutant hybrid equivalent of Heatblast named Hot Shot, who first appeared in the episode "Which Watch".
- Heatblast has also been used by the Prime Timeline Kevin, the "What-If" Gwen 10, Ben 10,000, Race Against Time Ben Ultimate Ben, the Alpha Nanite, and Sandra Tennyson.
- The name Pyronite comes from "pyro", relating to heat and fire.
- Pyronites can have zits just like humans. However, they pop and are consumed by fire almost instantly.
- If a Pyronite wanted to wear an ID Mask, they would need a special one designed to be heat-resistant.
- During Cartoon Network's 20th Birthday Celebration, there was a live-action commercial of a family of Pyronites throwing a birthday party for a young one who seemed about 4 or 5.
- There was a grown male who looked exactly like Heatblast from Race Against Time, a grown female who looked similar except that the flames on her head blew to either side, and an elderly pyronite who had low flames and blue hands.
- If Pyronites were to have evolved forms, their fires would be recolored blue since fire can sometimes be yellow or blue.
- An Omni-Enhanced Pyronite's jetpack resembles pieces of Fulmini technology.