The Pyronites are humanoid magma-based aliens from the planet-like star Pyros.
Pyronites are a humanoid plasma-based species composed of a bright inner plasma body covered by a rock-like skin and flames flaring up on their heads like hair. As they age, a Pyronite's flames become lower, their shoulders resemble miniature volcanoes, and their hands change to a different color.
Female Pyronites are basically the same as males, except they have more curved figures, chests slightly jutting outward, and can sometimes have the flames on her head blowing to either side.
Although they traditionally have dark or bright red skin, Pyronites can come in other colors. For example, Pyronites from Dimension 23 have blue skin, Gwen 10's Heatblast has pink skin, and Hot Shot has olive green skin.
The Pyronites' natural predators are Crabdozers.
Powers and abilities
Pyronites are masters of fire, capable of generating flames from their bodies in many forms ranging from shooting fireballs from their hands to breathing fire out of their mouths like dragons. Their flames are powerful enough to harm Sonorosians, Xerge, Vaxasaurians, hybrid Prypiatosian-Bs, and even Celestialsapiens.
Pyronites are not limited to simply creating fire. Because their bodies are naturally heat convective, they are able to absorb heat, effectively allowing them to put out fires.
Since they are literally made of fire, Pyronites are fireproof, heat-resistant, and invulnerable to magma. They are also cold-resistant and ice-proof thanks to the heat they produce.
Pyronites appear to have enhanced durability, being able to withstand being thrown across multiple buildings at high speeds with no visible damage. For Omni-Enhanced, Omni-Kix, and Omni-Naut Pyronites, their natural durability is increased thanks to their respective armors.
Pyronites are capable of limited terrakinesis by channeling fire through the ground, allowing them to "surf" through the air on a board of rock.
Pyronites can shoot streams of fire by pointing their arms downwards, providing them with a means of flight. As they age, their flight becomes more natural. For Omni-Enhanced and Omni-Naut Pyronites, they can instead use their jetpacks to fly.
Pyronites can create huge tornados made of their fire.
Despite being a fire-based species, Pyronites can breathe underwater. Correlating with this, Omni-Enhanced Pyronites possess a higher tolerance to water. However, Omni-Naut Pyronites can their fire powers while underwater without them being neutralized thanks to their Omni-Naut armor.
Due to the alterations Kevin Levin has made to the Antitrix, Hot Shot is more powerful than ordinary Pyronites.
Omni-Enhanced Pyronites possess a level of electrokinesis, allowing them to electrify their fire attacks.
When under the effects of an Earth cold, a Pyronite's pyrokinesis is replaced with cryokinesis. Omni-Enhanced Pyronites also possess cryokinesis.
Omni-Kix and Omni-Naut Pyronites are equipped with flamethrower arms that can shoot fire as either projectiles or streams.
Because of their heat and fire-based nature, Pyronites do not react well to water, fire retardants, or a Crabdozer's saliva. Exposure to these substances can temporarily extinguish their flames, preventing them from using the full extent of their abilities.
A Pyronite's fire attacks are useless against certain beings materials, including Crabdozers, Aerophibians, Petrosapiens, and anything else diamond-related. Even the most intense heatwaves they can generate are ineffective against a Chimera Sui Generis.
Despite their enhanced durability, Pyronites can be paralyzed by an Aerophibian's neuroshock blasts.
Pyronites can be easily overpowered by a Uxorite or a Celestialsapien's telekinesis.
Despite being ice-proof, Pyronites can temporarily be immobilized by an Evolved Necrofriggian's ice flames.
Pyronites can lose their fire out of exhaustion after continuously using their powers for a while.
Pyronites can be affected by magic, as there is a spell that can constraint them in glowing purple "chains".
Despite their cryokinetic powers, Pyronites affected by an Earth cold work completely "nonfunctional" to their naturally fiery nature. Similarly, said cold will prejudice their health.
Culture and society
Due to their homeworld being a planet-like star, Pyronites have had limited contact with other alien species. Because of this, they have spent their whole lives perfecting their pyrokinetic abilities by trying many different extreme sports, like windsurfing and Dune Buggy racing.
Pyronites cannot wear clothes, or at least have difficulty wearing them.
Certain Pyronites tend to make fire-related puns.
A few coats of Pyronite wax can make anything completely fireproof.
During one of their games, the Pyronites were visited by the Ekoplektoids, who came to Pyros unexpectedly to search for more space for their own kind.
Kineceleran representatives came to Pyros to discuss with the Pyronites about the diplomacy while the younger members of both races played a heated game of fire balls.
- The Omnitrix's Pyronite representative is named Heatblast, who first appeared in the original series episode "And Then There Were 10". Heatblast has appeared in almost every series except Alien Force.
- The Ben Tennyson of Dimension 23 has an equivalent of Heatblast named Charcoal-Man, who was confirmed to exist in the Omniverse episode "Store 23".
- The reboot version of Kevin 11 has a mutant hybrid equivalent of Heatblast named Hot Shot, who first appeared in the episode "Which Watch".
- Heatblast has also been used by the Prime Timeline Kevin, the "What-If" Gwen 10, the original and reboot versions of Ben 10,000, Race Against Time Ben, Ultimate Ben, an alternate version of original series Ben, the Alpha Nanite, and Sandra Tennyson.
- Despite not appearing on-screen, it is confirmed that the Gweniverse Gwen 10, Bad Ben, and Nega Ben all have Heatblast available in their Omnitrixes.
- The name Pyronite comes from "pyro", relating to heat and fire.
- Pyronites can have zits just like humans. However, they pop and are consumed by fire almost instantly.
- If a Pyronite wanted to wear an ID Mask, they would need a special one designed to be heat-resistant.
- In 2020, Derrick J. Wyatt released a full-color model of Squivel, a Pyronite civilian modeled after Raf Esquivel from Transformers: Prime.
- During Cartoon Network's 20th Birthday Celebration, there was a live-action commercial of a family of Pyronites modeled after Heatblast's apperance in Ben 10: Race Against Time throwing a birthday party for a young Pyronite who seemed about 4 or 5.
- If Pyronites were to have evolved forms, their fires would be recolored blue since fire can sometimes be yellow or blue.
- An Omni-Enhanced Pyronite's jetpack resembles pieces of Fulmini technology.
- According to the trivia version of the episode "And Then There Were 10"
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt
- Although they are from different universes, it has confirmed by Derrick J. Wyatt that Pyronites are especially powerful against Green Martians.
- According to Dwayne McDuffie
- According to Duncan Rouleau
- According to Matt Wayne