|Behind the Scenes|
Polymorph is a species of single-celled organisms that is neither liquid nor solid but a colloidal suspension from the molten planet of Viscosia.
Polymorphs are 200-pound (~ 90 kg) gelatinous extraterrestrial blobs of slime. The slime is normally in a humanoid shape with a pointed head, narrow eyes, and "spikes" on their shoulders. They can, however, turn into a shapeless mass such as a puddle or mimic the shape of something. Their brains are spread throughout their entire bodies.
Polymorphs have small flying saucer-shaped devices called Anti-Gravity Projectors hovering over their heads.
Although they are traditionally light green, Polymorphs can come in other colors. For example, Polymorphs from Dimension 23 are blue, Negative Goop is red, Gwen 10's Goop is pink, Mad Ben's Goop is orange, Bad Ben's Goop is mint green, Benzarro's Goop is purple, and Nega Ben's Goop is grey.
Polymorphs are scavengers that can dissolve and process any unclaimed organic matter they consume.
Powers and abilities
Polymorphs can generate and shoot acidic or adhesive slime from their bodies as either streams similar to a water (when coming out of a hose), blob-like projectiles, or even spit despite not having visible mouths.
Polymorphs are almost invulnerable because even when their slime has been scattered all over the area, they can still recollect as long as their Anti-Gravity Projectors are still active.
Polymorphs can change their density depending on their desire.
Polymorphs survive in intense heat, such as the one on their home planet.
Polymorphs can mimic the shape of simple objects to fool an opponent.
Using their Anti-Gravity Projectors, Polymorphs can fly. These projectors can also be used as a weapon since the edges are razor-sharp.
If Kevin were to use Ooze, he would be more powerful than ordinary Polymorphs due the alterations made to the Antitrix.
Outside of Viscosia's gravity, Polymorphs can only have their body function when they are united with their Anti-Gravity Projector. This means that if the two are separated, the slime will go inert until recollected.
Polymorphs are incredibly light, meaning that they can be easily sucked in by strong winds, such as that generated by Trombipulor's Species.
Polymorphs can be immobilized if repeatedly stepped on.
Culture and society
A Polymorph's voice is projected by their Anti-Gravity Projectors.
Whenever they are on a planet other than Viscosia, Polymorphs use Anti-Gravity Projectors to be mobile in a foreign planet's gravity.
- The Omnitrix's Polymorph representative is named Goop, who first appeared in the Alien Force episode "The Gauntlet". Goop has appeared in almost every subsequent series except the reboot.
- The Ben Tennyson of Dimension 23 has an equivalent of Goop named Muck-A-Muck, who was confirmed to exist in the Omniverse episode "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 1".
- If the reboot version of Kevin 11 were to have a mutant hybrid equivalent of Goop, he would be named Ooze.
- Goop has also been used by the Prime Timeline Vilgax and Albedo. Despite not appearing on-screen, it is confirmed that the canon Gwen 10, Mad Ben, Bad Ben, Nega Ben, and Benzarro all have Goop available in their Omnitrixes.
- Polymorph is a word meaning "many shapes".
- Each Polymorph color corresponds with the flavor of their slime.
- Goop is lime-flavored
- Albedo's Goop is raspberry-flavored
- Muck-A-Muck is blueberry-flavored
- Gwen 10's Goop is watermelon-flavored
- Mad Ben's Goop is sour orange-flavored
- Bad Ben's Goop is licorice-flavored
- Nega Ben's Goop is black pepper-flavored
- Benzarro's Goop is grape-flavored
- According to Duncan Rouleau, the Omnitrix from the Ben 10 reboot contains Polymorph DNA. Therefore, Goop is one of the countless aliens whose DNA pod was glimpsed in the episode "Innervasion Part 5: High Override".