Polymorph is a species of single-celled organisms from the molten planet of Viscosia.
The slime is normally in a humanoid shape with a pointed head, narrow eyes, and "spikes" on their shoulders. They can, however, turn into a shapeless mass such as a puddle or mimic the shape of something. Their brains are spread throughout their entire bodies.
Polymorphs have small flying saucer-shaped devices called Anti-Gravity Projectors hovering over their heads.
Although they are traditionally green, Polymorphs can come in other colors. For example, Polymorphs from Dimension 23 are blue, Negative Goop is red, Gwen 10's Goop is pink, Mad Ben's Goop is orange, Bad Ben's Goop is mint green, Benzarro's Goop is purple, Nega Ben's Goop is grey, and Argitrix Timeline Argit's Goop is peach.
Polymorphs are scavengers that can dissolve and process any unclaimed organic matter they consume.
Powers and abilities
Polymorphs can generate and shoot acidic or adhesive slime from their bodies as either streams similar to a water (when coming out of a hose), blob-like projectiles, or even spit despite not having visible mouths.
Polymorphs are almost invulnerable because even when their slime has been scattered all over the area, they can still recollect as long as their Anti-Gravity Projectors are still active.
Polymorphs can change their density depending on their desire.
Polymorphs survive in intense heat, such as the one on their home planet.
Polymorphs can mimic the shape of simple objects to fool an opponent.
Polymorphs can survive in the vacuum of space for a limited amount of time.
Using their Anti-Gravity Projectors, Polymorphs can fly. These projectors can also be used as a weapon since the edges are razor-sharp.
Polymorphs can increase the gravitational pull of their Anti-Gravity Projectors, allowing the devices to pull the Polymorphs themselves along with extra weight equivalent to a Piscciss Volann inside of their bodies.
Outside of Viscosia's gravity, Polymorphs can only have their body function when they are united with their Anti-Gravity Projector. This means that if the two are separated, the slime will go inert until recollected.
Polymorphs can be immobilized if repeatedly stepped on.
Polymorphs can be hurt by being spun really fast in a centrifuge, which can separate them into their constituent compounds.
Polymorphs can be frozen solid and immobilized, such as from being in space for too long.
Polymorphs are vulnerable to being hypnotized, such by a Vladat.
Polymorphs are vulnerable to being possessed by an Ectonurite.
Culture and society
There exists an artifact known as a Polymorphic Crystal, which is somehow related to the Polymorphs.
A Polymorph's voice is projected as being somewhat high and squeaky by their Anti-Gravity Projectors.
Whenever they are on a planet other than Viscosia, Polymorphs use Anti-Gravity Projectors designed by the Galvan to be mobile in a foreign planet's gravity.
- The Omnitrix's Polymorph representative is named Goop, who first appeared in the Alien Force episode "The Gauntlet". Goop has appeared in every subsequent series.
- The Ben Tennyson of Dimension 23 has an equivalent of Goop named Muck-A-Muck, who was confirmed to exist in the Omniverse episode "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 1".
- Goop has also been used by the Prime Timeline Vilgax and Albedo. Despite not appearing on-screen, it is confirmed that the Gweniverse Gwen 10, Mad Ben, Bad Ben, Benzarro, Nega Ben, and Argitrix Timeline Argit all have Goop available in their Omnitrixes.
- The name Polymorph translates to "many shapes".
- Each Polymorph color corresponds with the flavor of their slime: green = lime, red = raspberry, blue = blue raspberry, pink = strawberry, orange = sour orange, mint green = licorice, purple = grape, grey = black peppers, and peach = peach.
- It is confirmed that Bromeba is not a Polymorph.
- In 2020, Derrick J. Wyatt released full-color models of Muck-A-Muck and alternate versions of Goop used by the Gweniverse Gwen 10, Mad Ben, Benzarro, and Nega Ben.
- Before making their debut in the reboot series, it was confirmed that the Omnitrix in that series contains Polymorph DNA. Therefore, Goop was one of the countless aliens whose DNA pod was glimpsed in the episode "Innervasion Part 5: High Override" before being temporarily added to the active playlist during Ben 10 Versus the Universe.
- Despite this, the reboot version of Goop solely appears in Ben 10 Versus the Universe.
- According to the Nintendo DS version of the video game Ben 10: Alien Force
- According to Dwayne McDuffie
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt
- According to Matt Wayne
- According to the Ben 10: Alien Force trading card game
- According to Duncan Rouleau