Polar Manzardills are a breed of Manzardills from the multi-terrained planet X'Nelli.
Polar Manzardills are large iguana-like creatures with fairly long arms, three-fingered hands, short legs ending in stumped feet, three shark-like fins, a mouth full of sharp teeth, small squinted eyes with pronounced scales and what appear to be gills behind them, and black stripes around their eyes and face.
Although the traditionally have blue skin, Polar Manzardills can come in other colors. For example, Polar Manzardills from Dimension 23 have aquamarine skin and Negative Arctiguana has pale blue skin.
Polar Manzardills are the only cold-blooded species whose blood is really cold.
Powers and abilities
Polar Manzardills can breath a freezing vapor that is not only capable of freezing multiple enemies at once but is also powerful enough to freeze a massive body of water and even molten lava.
A Polar Manzardill's ice breath can be used freeze an Arachnichimp's webbing to the point of making it brittle enough to break free of.
Polar Manzardills possess enhanced agility for their size, being able to skate across ice constructs in a snowboard-like fashion.
Polar Manzardills possess enhanced strength, being able to push a Petrosapien off a building and land on a car hard enough to crush it.
Polar Manzardills can use their ice breaths to levitate or fly, and can carry other beings such as Zaroffians as they do so.
Polar Manzardills possess enhanced durability, as they can withstand landing on a wall and take hits from a Petrosapien's crystal projectiles.
Polar Manzardills are immune to gases.
Polar Manzardills possess enhanced dexterity, being able to climb up walls thanks to their three-fingered hands.
Presumably due to the nature of their blood, Polar Manzardills can survive in subzero climates.
Polar Manzardills may pass out of exhaustion if they are unable to catch their breath.
There is a clear limit to a Polar Manzardill's durability, as a strike to their behind can send them flying.
Polar Manzardills cannot create living snowmen because their powers are not magical.
Culture and society
Some Polar Manzardills speak using Jamacian accents. Their voices are slightly high-pitched at a young age.
- The Omnitrix's Polar Manzardill representative is named Arctiguana, who first appeared in the original series episode "Ben 10,000". He was originally unlocked off-screen after the events of the film Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens. Arctiguana has appeared in almost every series except Alien Force and the reboot.
- The Ben Tennyson of Dimension 23 has an equivalent of Arctiguana named Freezelizard, who first appeared in the Omniverse episode "Store 23".
- Arctiguana has also been used by the original version of Ben 10,000, Ultimate Ben, and Albedo.
- The Polar Manzardills were conceived by repurposing a prototype design for Upchuck's appearance in the original series.
- It is confirmed that the Omnitrix from the Ben 10 reboot contains Polar Manzardill DNA. Therefore, Arctiguana is one of the countless aliens whose DNA pod was glimpsed in the episode "Innervasion Part 5: High Override".
- According to the trivia version of the episode "Ben 10,000"
- According to the Omniverse production bible
- This statement was made by Derrick J. Wyatt using Metahumans such as Queen Elsa as an example.
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt
- According to Duncan Rouleau