|Locomotion||Bipedal (outside of water)|
|Behind the Scenes|
|Universe||Ben 10 Universe|
Piscciss Volann are an extraterrestrial race from the watery planet Piscciss.
Pisciss Volann are water-based aliens resembling anthropomorphic angler fish with gills, antennas on their head for deep sea diving, external teeth, bodies covered in protective scales, and claws on their appendages. On land they can form their fish tails into legs for walking.
With their powerful tails and slimy scales, Volanns are capable of incredible speed and agility in the water. Volanns can also withstand a remarkable amount of pressure, and their luminescent danglers allow them to see in the darkest of depths.
Volanns have huge mouths filled with rows of razor-sharp teeth that can chomp through almost anything, even through strong metal. Their lower jaw unhinges to allow them to swallow objects in a single bite. Alternatively, Volanns can use their claw-tipped fins to rip their enemies to shreds.
Being creatures of the sea, Pisciss Volanns cannot stay on dry land too long, though older Volanns can stay much longer than younger ones. Volanns must keep their gills wet or they will dehydrate and die.
- They opportunistic predators like Earth's tiger sharks.
- Piscciss Volanns don't always need to wear water helmets to stay hydrated. Some take oxygen pills to stay on land longer.
- Younger Volanns have external jaws, but become more internal when they get older.
- The Piscciss Volanns share their home planet with another race, the Piscciss Premann.
- The Volanns and Premann were once at war with the Pyros.
- Known to shredding and ripping (hence the name "Ripjaws") with jaw strength, able to unhinged their jaws and biting down with extreme bite force.
- According to Matt Wayne, Captain Kork's species are the natural predators of Piscciss Volanns.
- According to Duncan Rouleau, the Omnitrix from the Ben 10 reboot contains Piscciss Volann DNA. Therefore, Ripjaws is one of the countless aliens whose DNA pod was glimpsed in the episode "Innervasion Part 5: High Override".