Piscciss Volanns are an amphibious race from the artificial watery planet Piscciss.
Pisciss Volanns resemble humanoid anglerfish or catfish with gills, antennas on their head for deep sea diving, external teeth, bodies covered in protective scales, and claws on their appendages. On land, they can transform their fish tails into legs for walking.
Volanns have external jaws at a young age, though they become more internal as they get older.
Certain female Volanns can look basically the same as males.
Much like Earth tiger sharks, Piscciss Volanns are opportunistic predators.
With their powerful tails and slimy scales, Piscciss Volanns are capable of incredible speed and agility in the water. Volanns can also withstand a remarkable amount of pressure.
Volanns have huge mouths filled with rows of razor-sharp teeth that can chomp through almost anything, even through strong metal. Their lower jaw unhinges to allow them to swallow objects with extreme force in a single bite.
Volanns can use their claw-tipped fins to rip their enemies to shreds.
Much like an Earth angler fish, a Volann's luminescent danglers allow them to see in the darkest of depths.
Volanns can communicate with other fish, but only the kind that can talk back.
If Kevin were to use Tearjaws, he would be more powerful than ordinary Volanns due the alterations made to the Antitrix.
Being creatures of the sea, Pisciss Volanns cannot stay on dry land too long, though older Volanns can stay much longer than younger ones. Volanns must keep their gills wet or they will dehydrate and die.
Volanns can be immobilized in ice, such as an Evolved Necrofriggian's ice flames.
- The Omnitrix's Piscciss Volann representative is named Ripjaws, who first appeared in the original series episode "The Kraken". Ripjaws has appeared in almost every series except Alien Force and the reboot.
- The Ben Tennyson of Dimension 23 has an equivalent of Ripjaws named Fish Fingers.
- If the reboot version of Kevin 11 were to have a mutant hybrid equivalent of Ripjaws, he would be named Tearjaws.
- Ripjaws has also been used by the Prime Timeline Kevin and the "What-If" Gwen 10 (albeit off-screen).
- Piscciss Volanns do not always need to wear water helmets to stay hydrated. For example, Volanns such as the unnamed actor take oxygen pills.
- The Piscciss Volanns share their home planet with another race, the Piscciss Premann, with whom they fought alongside during a war with the Pyronites.
- It is confirmed that the Omnitrix from the Ben 10 reboot contains Piscciss Volann DNA. Therefore, Ripjaws is one of the countless aliens whose DNA pod was glimpsed in the episode "Innervasion Part 5: High Override". As such, Ripjaws' DNA pod is shown in a piece of concept artwork of Omnitrix genetic material.