The Pakleds are a sapient, yet notoriously dim-witted humanoid race native to the Milky Way Galaxy.
Culture and society[edit | edit source]
Pakleds mostly operate by stealing the technology of other races, and it's been theorized that they couldn't have developed spacefaring technology on their own. The analysis that Geordi La Forge made aboard a Pakled ship has revealed that the ship was built with an amalgam of parts originating from Romulan, Klingon and Jarada tech, which the Pakleds themselves were only vaguely familiar with, to the point that even their appointed engineer often found himself unable to fix damages to the ship.
Although they try to outsmart others and do often succeed in taking advantage of other races' underestimation of their own intelligence; the Pakleds themselves are still simple-minded and thus relatively easy to deceive.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Trek: The Next Generation
- s02e17, "Samaritan Snare" (1989) (First appearance)
- s04e03, "Brothers" (1990) (Mentioned only)
- s07e21, "Firstborn" (1994) (Mentioned only)
- s07e24, "Preemptive Strike" (1994) (Mentioned only)
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (multiple background appearances)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Following their debut in Star Trek: The Next Generation, the Pakleds have made numerous appearances as background aliens aboard Deep Space 9.