Nosedeenians, colloquially known as Megawhatts, are mischievous battery-like aliens native to the Nosedeen Quasar.
Nosedeenians are black anthropomorphic battery-like aliens roughly a foot tall (~ 30 cm) with plus and minus symbols on their backs, pointy legs, three-fingered hands, and markings on their chests that resemble lightning bolts.
Although a Nosedeenian's chest markings are traditionally yellow, they can also come in other colors. For example, Buzzshock has a green chest, Ben 10,000 and Ken 10's Buzzshock have white chests, and Bad Ben's Buzzshock has a mint green chest.
Powers and abilities
As they are composed of electricity, Nosedeenians can fire beams of electricity powerful enough to harm Humans, Tetramands, Galvanic Mechamorphs, and Xerge. This electricity can come in different colors, such as yellow, green, and mint green.
Similar to Conductoids, Nosedeenians can absorb and control electricity. Similarly, they can inhabit electrical devices and commandeer them from the inside.
Nosedeenians can multiply by either splitting in half or obtaining enough power. However, they must first learn how and train themselves in order to do so.
Nosedeenians are surprisingly strong for their size, being able to lift a Human at least by their underwear.
Nosedeenians are quite agile, being able to avoid a hybrid Terroanchula's attacks and land on their feet.
Nosedeenians are durable enough to withstand a Sotoraggian's blaster fire. Their natural durability increases through the use of their self-duplication powers.
Nosedeenians can fly seamlessly in the air and leave an electric trail while doing so.
Nosedeenians can electrify liquids to attack enemies, such as a Sphoeroid's slime.
Similar to Sonorosians, Nosedeenians can emit a sonic scream capable of shattering glass.
Being made from electrical energy, Nosedeenians are weak against water and other resources that ground it.
Nosedeenians are powerless against insulators and non-conductive materials, such as fire and rubber-sheeted blankets.
Noosedeenians are vulnerable to a species that can absorb electricity, such as Conductoids, Fulmini, and hybrid Terroranchulas. If they run out of energy, they will fall asleep.
There is a limit to a Nosedeenian's durability, as they can be knocked out by enemy attacks.
Like other organic beings, Nosedeenians can be banished to another timeline by a Chronosapien.
A Nosedeenian's size can put them at a disadvantage against larger opponents such as hybrid Terroranchulas and golems made of Xerge.
Culture and society
Nosedeenians exist to have "fun", which in their case is to cause trouble wherever they go. While they cause a lot of damage, they do not seem to be hostile, and only openly attack when provoked.
Nosedeenians mostly communicate with high-pitched squeaking and chirping noises. Certain members are capable of speaking English, albeit in varying forms. Some speak with an electric filter while others sound like a Human who has inhaled helium.
- The Omnitrix's Nosedeenian representative is named Buzzshock, who first appeared in the original series episode "Ben 10,000". He was originally unlocked in the Omniverse episode "Max's Monster". Buzzshock has appeared in almost every series except Alien Force and Ultimate Alien.
- Buzzshock has also been used by the original and reboot versions of Ben 10,000, Ken 10, and Bad Ben.
- Before making their debut in the reboot series, it was confirmed that the Omnitrix in that series contains Nosedeenian DNA. Therefore, Buzzshock is one of the countless aliens whose DNA pod was glimpsed in the episode "Innervasion Part 5: High Override".
- Initially, there are no plans for Buzzshock to physically appear in the reboot, especially since Shock Rock was given a heavy focus during Season 2. However, it was later revealed the statement was made to prevent spoilers for the movie event Ben 10,010.
- According to Matt Wayne
- According to Duncan Rouleau