Noise are emotionless, mechanical, and only attack humans. And the humans they attack get turned into carbon dust. There is no pattern to the time and place of their appearance and because they attack their environment without discrimination they are widely seen as a serious threat to mankind.
Noise are an alien race and are the main antagonists of the Senki Zesshou Symphogear series. They are also created by humans, namely Sakurai Ryōko.
History[edit | edit source]
13 Years ago at the United Nations General Assembly, the Noise were officially recognized under the classification of "special disaster." The Noise have been observed to take form in various shapes and sizes, but all of them are equipped with a means of attack. Each form shares certain attributes specific for the purpose of functioning as a weapon:
- They only target human beings. Any person who comes in direct contact with them immediately turns into carbon and dissolves, as does the Noise itself.
- The general laws of nature regarding energy loss and consumption do not apply to them.
- They typically appear without warning, leaking out of thin air and multiplying instantly.
- There are no valid means of repelling their attacks. Aside from sacrificing an equal number of human bodies that would reduce the Noise to lumps of carbon, the only other option is to wait and stall for a period of time after their emergence, until the Noise self-destruct on their own.
- Because they look similar to other living creatures, past experiments had attempted to communicate with them, but these were unable to proceed due to numerous failures. Ultimately, communicating and controlling the Noise is impossible because they likely have no capacity for free thought.
This is the data that has been recorded thus far. Because there are still many mysteries surrounding the Noise, all the nations of the world are currently working on further research in order to gain a better understanding of them.
Enormous quantities of Noise exist within the Treasury of Babylonia, an extra dimensional space from which they can be drawn forth and controlled using the complete relic Solomon's Cane. It is unknown if this is their home dimension.