Necrofriggians are a genderless species of moth-like sapient beings from the planet Kylmyys.
Though they are generally humanoid moth-like aliens with a pair of wings that can fold themselves into a cloak and skull-like heads, two distinct types of Necrofriggians have been observed. One has a physical structure similar to that of a Human while the other are more muscular and slightly taller, their body frame being similar to a Neanderthal.
Although they traditionally have blue and black skin, Necrofriggians can come in other colors. For example, Necrofriggians from Mikd'lty have bluish-white and black skin, Necrofriggians from Dimension 23 have white and blue skin, and Negative Big Chill has pale blue and black skin.
Necrofriggians' eyes also come in different colors, such as green, light blue, blue, and red.
Necrofriggians reproduce asexually once every 80 years, devouring metal to use it to build a nest for their eggs. Upon hatching, the newborn Necrofriggians will first eat nest made of metal before they instinctively fly to their ancestral homeworld Kylmyys so they can feed on solar plasma.
The Necrofriggians' natural predators are Psycholeopterrans.
Necrofriggians have an appetite for metal and solar plasma.
Powers and abilities
Necrofriggians are capable of flying due to possessing a set of moth-like wings.
Necrofriggians can form manipulatable ice constructs from the ground by touching it. They also freeze objects by either touching or phasing through them.
Necrofriggians are strong enough to effortlessly rip apart large metal statues, snap iron girders in half, and carry Revonnahganders while flying. Their strength extends to their prehensile feet, being able to carry an Opticoid while flying.
Necrofriggians are highly adaptable, being able to breathe underwater and survive in extreme heat, intense cold, and even the vacuum of space. Similarly, they can drink molten steel.
Necrofriggians can withstand radiation, such as that generated by a Prypiatosian-B.
Despite some of them having a frail appearance, Necrofriggians are durable enough withstand laser blasts to their backs.
A Necrofriggian's jaws are powerful enough to chew up and devour metal statues, poles, buildings, signs, iron girders, and serving trays.
Similar to Ectonurites, a Necrofriggian's intangibility is consciously used, which means they cannot use this ability while caught off-guard. Similarly, opponents who are also intangible will cancel out each other's intangibility.
Necrofriggians are vulnerable to electricity, such as that generated by a Cerebrocrustacean.
Necrofriggians are sensitive to high-pitched noises, such as those produced by an Evolved Sonorosian.
Necrofriggians are vulnerable to being possessed by an Ectonurite.
Necrofriggians can be easily overpowered by a Celestialsapien's telekinesis.
Necrofriggians are vulnerable to being hypnotized, especially by a Psycholeopterran.
There is a limit to a Necrofriggian's durability, as they can be knocked out by a Celestialsapien.
Necrofriggians cannot create living snowmen because their powers are not magical.
Culture and society
Necrofriggians speak using gravely voices, and some of them tend to make ice-based puns.
Necroffriggians from Mikd'lty are devoted to sacred objects, the desecration of which they see as sacrilege.
- Big Chill: An Omnitrix transformation used by Ben Tennyson.
- Freezeghost: An alternate version of Big Chill used by the Ben Tennyson of Dimension 23.
- Big Chill (Alien Force Dimension): An alternate version of Big Chill used by the Ben Tennyson of the Alien Force Dimension.
- Negative Big Chill: An alternate version of Big Chill used by Albedo.
- Nega Big Chill: An alternate version of Big Chill used by Nega Ben.
- Fridge: A Necrofriggian actor who played Big Chill in Albedo's stage play.
- Mikd'lty Necrofriggians: Necrofriggians guarding a piece of the Map of Infinity located in Mikd'lty.
- Newborn Necrofriggians: A group of 14 infant Necrofriggians born to Big Chill.
- Ultimate Kevin: 17-year-old Kevin Levin of the Prime Timeline transformed into an amalgamation of every alien available in the Ultimatrix prior to traveling to the Forge of Creation, including Big Chill.
- Some people believe Necrofriggians are "sort of" female. Others would instead see them as being definitely female or being like male seahorses.
- In Alien Force, the Necrofriggians were stated to be the only living beings on Kylmyys. However, this was retconned in Omniverse with the introduction of the Psycholeopterrans in the episode "Malefactor".
- The idea behind the Neanderthal-like Necrofriggians was to make their proportion more like that of Man-Bat's portrayal in Batman: The Animated Series.
- Before making their debut in the reboot series, it was confirmed that the Omnitrix from that series contains Necrofriggian DNA. Therefore, Big Chill is one of the countless aliens whose DNA pod was glimpsed in the episode "Innervasion Part 5: High Override".
- Although they are from different universes, a Necrofriggian's ice powers not being magical was confirmed using Metahumans such as Queen Elsa as an example.
- According to Matt Wayne
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt
- According to Dwayne McDuffie
- According to the Nintendo DS version of the video game Ben 10: Alien Force
- According to Duncan Rouleau