Though they are generally humanoid moth-like aliens with a pair of wings that can fold themselves into a cloak and skull-like heads, two distinct types of Necrofriggians have been observed. One has a physical structure similar to that of a Human while the other are more muscular and slightly taller, their body frame being similar to a Neanderthal.
Although they traditionally have blue and black skin, Necrofriggians can come in other colors. For example, Necrofriggians from Mykdl'dy have bluish-white and black skin, Necrofriggians from Dimension 23 have white and blue skin, and Negative Big Chill has pale blue and black skin.
Necrofriggians' eyes also come in different colors, such as green, light blue, blue, and red.
Necrofriggians reproduce asexually once every 80 years, devouring metal to use it to build a nest for their eggs. Upon hatching, the newborn Necrofriggians will first eat nest made of metal before they instinctively fly to their ancestral homeworld Kylmyys so they can feed on solar plasma.
The Necrofriggians' natural predators are Psycholeopterrans.
Necrofriggians have an appetite for metal and solar plasma.
Powers and abilities
Similar to Ectonurites, Necrofriggians can become intangible like ghosts. They are also capable of flying due to possessing a set of wings.
Necrofriggians can form manipulatable ice constructs from the ground by touching it. They also freeze objects by either touching or phasing through them.
Necrofriggians are strong enough to effortlessly rip apart large metal statues, snap iron girders in half, and carry Revonnahganders while flying. Their strength extends to their prehensile feet, being able to carry an Opticoid while flying.
Necrofriggians are highly adaptable, being able to breathe underwater and survive in extreme heat, intense cold, and even the vacuum of space. Similarly, they can drink molten steel.
Despite some of them having a frail appearance, Necrofriggians are durable enough withstand laser blasts to their backs.
A Necrofriggian's jaws are powerful enough to chew up and devour metal statues, poles, buildings, signs, iron girders, and serving trays.
Similar to Ectonurites, a Necrofriggian's intangibility is consciously used, which means they cannot use this ability while caught off-guard. Similarly, opponents who are also intangible will cancel out each other's intangibility.
Necrofriggians are vulnerable to electricity, such as that generated by a Cerebrocrustacean.
Necrofriggians are sensitive to high-pitched noises, such as those produced by an Evolved Sonorosian.
Necrofriggians are vulnerable to being possessed by an Ectonurite.
Necrofriggians are vulnerable to being hypnotized, especially by a Psycholeopterran.
Unlike Metahumans such as Queen Elsa, Necrofriggians cannot create living snowmen because their powers are not magical.
Culture and society
Necrofriggians speak using gravely voices, and some of them tend to make ice-based puns.
Necroffriggians from Mykdl'dy are devoted to sacred objects, the desecration of which they see as sacrilege.
- The Omnitrix's Necrofriggian representative is named Big Chill, who first appeared in the Alien Force episode "Kevin's Big Score". Big Chill has appeared in almost every subsequent series except the reboot.
- The Ben Tennyson of Dimension 23 has an equivalent of Big Chill named Freezeghost, who first appeared in the Omniverse episode "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 2".
- Big Chill has also been used by Albedo. Despite not appearing on-screen, it is confirmed that Nega Ben has Big Chill available in his Omnitrix.
- Some people believe Necrofriggians like Big Chill are "sort of" female. Others would instead see them as being definitely female or being like male seahorses.
- In Alien Force, the Necrofriggians were stated to be the only living beings on Kylmyys. However, this was retconned in Omniverse with the introduction of the Psycholeopterrans in the episode "Malefactor".
- The idea behind the Neanderthal-like Necrofriggians was to make their proportion more like that of Man-Bat's portrayal in Batman: The Animated Series.
- It is confirmed that the Omnitrix from the Ben 10 reboot contains Necrofriggian DNA. Therefore, Big Chill is one of the countless aliens whose DNA pod was glimpsed in the episode "Innervasion Part 5: High Override".