Loboans are werewolf-like aliens with grey, brown, or white fur, some of which having a long flowing mane, and bushy tails. They have sharp claws on each hand, one of them serving as the thumb while the others act like fingers. Their mouths can open outwards into four hinges and are purple, green, or red on the inside. Their eyes also come in various colors such as purple, green, and yellow.
Loboans have voracious appetites and will eat anything, including their own kind.
Powers and abilities
Loboans can emit an ultrasonic howl by splitting their quadra-hinged muzzles to become a concussive blast, causing considerable damage to their targets. These sonic howls are powerful enough to damage Petrosapiens, as well as agonize Klyntar if at the correct frequency.
A Loboan's sonic howls can be used to reflect incoming projectiles and propel themselves upward like a rocket booster.
Loboans have enhanced senses of smelling and hearing, giving them great tracking and detection abilities.
Loboans possess enhanced agility, reflexes, durability, and strength.
Much like ordinary Earth wolves, Loboans have sharp fangs, formidable claws, and extraordinary night vision.
Loboans can jump into the tallest trees on Luna Lobo to catch prey.
Loboans have prehensile feet and tails, the latter of which can be used to put out small fires.
Like the other races in the Anur System, Loboans are immune to the effects of Corrodium and can see in the dark.
Like Earth canines, Loboans are sensitive to loud noises such as the ringing of giant bells. They can also be harmed by their own sonic howls.
Foul odors can hurt a Loboan's sense of smell.
Culture and society
There are allegedly wild packs of Loboan on Luna Lobo, who appear to be savage beasts with little reasoning or intelligence. Despite that, they are smart enough to operate machinery and understand instructions.
The Loboans seen on Anur Transyl display higher self-control and seem to be able to integrate themselves into civilized life. However, they do not appear to be friendly towards beings from outside the Anur System and view them as monsters.
- The Omnitrix's Loboan representative is named Blitzwolfer (formerly known as Benwolf), who first appeared in the original series episode "Benwolf" after the Omnitrix "sampled" the Werewolf Alien's DNA. Blitzwolfer solely appears in the original series and Omniverse.
- The name Loboan is a play on the word Lobo, which means "wolf" in Filipino, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- In the original series, it was stated that all Loboan cubs had green eyes whereas adults had either red or pale orange eyes. This is has been retconned in Omniverse, as the Loboan citizens of Anur Transyl have eyes of varying colors.
- When a Loboan's muzzle splits in the original series, their tongues retract and stow themselves away. This is slightly altered in Omniverse, as their tongues stay in place and split in half.
- It is confirmed that the Omnitrix from the Ben 10 reboot contains Loboan DNA. Therefore, Blitzwolfer is one of the countless aliens whose DNA pod was glimpsed in the episode "Innervasion Part 5: High Override".
- This has been supported by the appearance of a Loboan prisoner in the film Ben 10 Versus the Universe.