Kinecelerans are a velociraptor-like species from the planet Kinet.
Kinecelerans are blue, velociraptor-like aliens with a pointed black helmet-like head and a long tail that can sometimes have black stripes on it. Their feet have wheels on them which enables them to travel quickly. Some Kinecelerans have shark-like fins on their backs.
Kineceleran helmets can have visors or glasses. Rather than being mechanical, they are actually part of their biology.
Powers and abilities
Kinecelerans are able to reach speeds of more than 500 mph (~ 804 km/h), the highest recorded feat being 888 mph (~ 1429 km/h). They can run so fast that time appears to completely halt to them. Technically speaking, they are faster than Aerophibians when the latter are on the ground. It is also implied by Kevin Levin that they are also faster than Citrakayahs.
Kinecelerans possess enhanced strength, which can be amplified by attacking enemies at a rapid pace. They also possess enhanced agility and reflexes.
Kineceleran tails are prehensile, allowing them to grab objects whenever their usual hands are preoccupied.
Kinecelerans possess enhanced durability. For Omni-Enhanced Kinecelerans, their natural durability is increased thanks to their rock-like armor. Similarly, Omni-Kix Kinecelerans are more durable thanks to their Omni-Kix armor.
Kinecelerans can create tornadoes by generating a centripetal vacuum, either by running in a circular pattern or spinning at high speeds. This feat can also be accomplished with water, resulting in a water twister.
Due to the alterations Kevin Levin has made to the Antitrix, Rush is more powerful (and most likely faster) than ordinary Kinecelerans. He can also achieve speeds that are sufficient to create after-images of himself, making it appear like he is in multiple locations at once.
Omni-Enhanced Kinecelerans can rev up their wheels to supercharge their plasma tails, allowing them to multiply and grow rapidly. These plasma tails can shock enemies and cut through solid steel.
Omni-Kix Kinecelerans can temporarily boost their speed by coating their bodies in green "Hypersonic" energy, allowing them to tunnel through the ground and dash into opponents with devastating force.
Kinecelerans cannot run on mud because it will leave them trapped in place. They are also unable to run on ice, which can cause them to slip and/or spin around.
Kinecelerans have a limit to their physical strength, as their backs can ache if they carry obese beings. Technically speaking, they are physically weaker than Citrakayahs.
Kinecelerans have a clear limit to their reflexes, as they cannot dodge multiple obstacles at once. Said reflexes also do not appear to be on the same level as Chimera Sui Generi and Arburian Pelarotas.
If Kinecelerans run at approximately 888 miles per hour, the feat can cause them visual strain and fatigue.
Kinecelerans have sensitive hearing, meaning they can be knocked out by Sonorosians.
Kinecelerans can be held in place by either stepping on or attaching something as heavy as an anchor made of Petrosapien DNA to their tails.
If a smart and tactical opponent times their attack correctly, then they will be able to stop a Kineceleran right in their tracks.
Kinecelerans can be harmed by fire, such as a Pyronite's fireballs.
Kinecelerans can be easily overpowered by a Celestialsapien's telekinesis.
Culture and society
Kinecelerans enjoy sports, and have built large stadiums to this effect. One such sport is similar to the Human sport hockey, with energy pellets made from the planet's natural electrical storms.
A Kineceleran rite of passage is "The Running of the Gauntlet", in which a young Kineceleran must acquire the species' characteristic gliding wheels from the Kinet wilderness.
Kinecelerans are gangly and naturally awkward, living their lives in a constant rush. Kinecelerans are not the best fighters and most of them do not even have the disposition to stop and come up with a strategy.
Kineceleran representatives came to Pyros to discuss with the Pyronites about the diplomacy while the younger members of both races played a heated game of fire balls.
- The Omnitrix's Kinecleran representative is named XLR8, who first appeared in the original series episode "And Then They Were 10". XLR8 has appeared in almost every series except Alien Force.
- The Ben Tennyson of Dimension 23 has an equivalent of XLR8 named Speedyquick, who first appeared in the Omniverse episode "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World Part 1".
- The reboot version of Kevin 11 has a mutant hybrid equivalent of XLR8 named Rush, who first appeared in the episode "Introducing Kevin 11".
- XLR8 has also been used by the "What-If" Gwen 10 (albeit off-screen), Ben 10,000, Ken 10, Ultimate Ben, and the Gweniverse Gwen 10.
- In the original series, XLR8 was stated to be the only Kineceleran active on Earth because the slow rotation of the planet would make other Kinecelerans sick after a few days. This is retconned in Omniverse, as several Kinecelerans are shown to be residing in Undertown, a subterranean city located on Earth.
- An Omni-Enhanced Kineceleran's wheels resemble pieces of Fulmini technology.
- The ability for Omni-Kix Kinecelerans to drill underground might be a reference to the power up Sonic the Hedgehog gains by absorbing Yellow Wisps.
- The similarities between these scenarios are because both of them involve users who possess enhanced speed being encoated with energy that lets them tunnel underground.