|Age||Early 30's (New 52) Late 50's to Early 60's (Rebirth)|
|Birth||February 29, 1958 (Off Age in The Death of Superman)|
|Death||1992 or 1993 (Post-Crisis and Rebirth), 2016 (New 52)|
|Family||Jor-El (father), Lara (mother), Jonathan Kent (adopted father), Martha Kent (adopted mother)|
|Abilities||Superhuman strength, speed, hearing, longevity, stamina, intelligence, Invulnerability, Flight, Freezing breath, Multiple extrasensory and vision powers, Healing factor|
|Behind the Scenes|
|Created by||Jerry Siegel; Joe Shuster|
" It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then... he shoots fire from the skies and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him."
- The planet Krypton was located in the constellation of andromeda, in the small xeno galaxy, the Kryptonian space was considered to have anomalies, including a great dimensional wormhole that crossed all space in short distance and a giant red sun and its three moons, being one soon destroyed by Jax-UR by a powerful atomic missile, that brought Braniac to Krypton by a positronic signal of the missile. One of the famous Krypton scientists named Jor-EL, arrived from his mission to study the planet's nucleus at the request of high-ranking member Ro-NON, to divulge to cause constant of earthquakes and cracks emanating a toxic greenish gas that was causing deaths to the inhabitants of Krypton. Ro-NON's goal was to convince Roz-AN, the supreme leader of the high council to evacuate the planet to large spacecraft for a planet similar to Krypton's conditions, next to Rao, Jor-EL, needed support of the high council, using the spacecraft evacuation project invented by him,supported by Ro-NON, did not succeed in convincing Roz-AN and the whole high council, expelling Jor-EL from the high council hall, losing his position as a scientist to the high council's assistant, and condemning Ro-NON to a lobotomy its sentence for terrorism, and then released wandering aimlessly into the Scarlet jungle, until found by General Dru-Zod's troop was named as Non in his family symbol tattooed on his wrist, leading him to a military base. The security of the high council captured ZOD and his allies at his military base, finding the wanted criminal Jax-UR working for ZOD, sentencing twenty rebels against the high council's laws to arrest the phantom zone, using Jor-EL to be the jailer of his new prison invention. ZOD was the rebel leader who left the military guild to want to destroy the high council and to tyrannize all the people of Krypton, along with its new rebel troop, ZOD swore revenge to Jor-EL and all his family.
- Jor-EL and his wife Lara Lor-VAN were sheltering in their large laboratory in the plain of Wanan after they lost their home in Kandor in Brainiac's attack, which took the city with him in an inner prison of their ship, leaving a huge hole next to the plain. Lara was with the newly born Kal-EL in her arms, the boy was not conceived in the vitro chambers as all children of Krypton is generated in the genome union of the parents, but in the sexual act, is "forbidden" in Krypton. Jor-EL finishes building the advanced spacecraft, and sends her Kal-EL baby inside the spacecraft, Lara enable control the spacecraft's takeoff and coordinates, heading for Earth, place where the father of Jor-EL, Seyg-EL visited the land in the past, disobeying the orders of the high council and banished to a lobotomy, as they did with Ro-NON. Jor-EL bids farewell to his younger brother, Zor-EL, in a holographic connection wishing his project success, and embraces Lara at the time of the spacecraft's takeoff, green flames soaring up to the sky destroying, killing every planet. fatal destruction, the planet explodes with thousands of radioactive fragments spreading a belt of asteroids around the Rao sun. The spacecraft is advancing at full speed, fleeing the Krypton fragments, where one sticks to the part of the spacecraft, entering the dimensional wormhole until it enters the solar system in direction to Earth.
- At dusk in a small rural town of Smallville, the couple Jonatham and Martha Kent in their truck, when they left a supermarket, entered a road towards the farm, when they are surprised by an explosion, find the spaceship and a button pushed open the dome with a baby taking him to the farm, the next morning Jonathan uses his tractor to put the spacecraft in the truck to the barn, the boy is adopted by the Kent couple, named Clark Kent, at the age of eighteen, Clark discovers that is adopted and finds the spacecraft inside a hole in the barn, and a holographic message from his father named Kal-EL of Krypton, and weakens with the fragment glued in the ship, moving away and guarding the ship. Upon graduating from Smallville University as a journalist, Clark immigrated to Metropolis to work on the daily planet, and with the key inherited by Jor-EL in the spacecraft, he located the large lost ship of Seyg-EL and his uniform in one of the chambers in the icy mountains of Antarctica, building their fortress of solitude.
- Kal-EL saves the planet's crew on an inaugural flight, in a vengeful sabotage of Lex Luthor, by losing his project by Emil Hamilton, the plane descends safely, where Lois Lane meets him the first time, the mob calls Kal-EL as superman, where the hero's name was born at that time in the uniform of seyg-EL, with the "S" emblem of the EL family of Krypton. Thus, the daily planetary reporter Clark Kent becomes the superman, hero and crime fighter of Metropolis and winning the enmity of his first enemy, Lex Luthor, the owner of Lexcorp.
- Superman is the most powerful being on planet Earth, an alien immigrant named Kal-El from the planet Krypton who was raised in Smallville, Kansas, to become an American superhero. Raised with high moral ideals, he uses his incredible strength, speed, flight and various other superpowers to fight evil and protect the innocent. In his civilian identity he is Clark Kent a mild-mannered reporter working for the Daily Planet in Metropolis. He is a founding member of the Justice League of America and a charter member of the Legion of Super-Heroes in the 30th century.
- Superman resembles a tall, muscular Caucasian male with vivid blue eyes and short black hair with a curl over his forehead. He wears a blue uniform with his famous red-and-yellow "S" shield on his chest, red trunks, a yellow belt, red boots and a red cape. As Clark Kent however, he wears horn-rimmed glasses, a fedora, and a loose fitting suit that hides his natural physical figure. He also wears his hair in a different style to further differentiate his dual identities.
- Kryptonian Physiology: Superman's cellular structure is much more dense, resilient, and biologically more effective than human tissue. Strangely enough, he does not seem to possess superhuman strength levels despite his enhanced cellular ability without his cellular structure charged with yellow solar energy. Without such charging, his strength seems on par for a human of his height and weight who engages in regular physical activity. As an alien he possesses several organs whose functions are not yet disclosed or understood but are believed to be part of and perhaps even the source of his biomatrix force field and reclamation aura. Superman's body also stores energy actively within his bio-cellular matrix as an energy pattern that is linked to his body's electromagnetic field. This energy powers most of Superman's electromagnetic capabilities such as flight and heat vision. It also supplements his physical strength by a factor of 12,000 times or so.
- Solar Energy Absorption: Technically, this is the main source of Superman's powers. As a Kryptonian, Superman's cells absorb yellow solar energy, and this in turn, fuels all of his powers and abilities. Superman's cells also store solar energy as well, allowing him to retain his powers under roofed structures or even at night, although he eventually needs a yellow sun to recharge his powers. Superman can also absorb solar energies of other class stars such as when he absorbed the solar energies of a blue star that increased his abilities to a higher degree and gave him additional abilities.
- Superhuman Strength: The exact magnitude of Superman's strength is unknown. This is because Superman's strength, like his many other powers, has fluctuated over time. However, his strength should effortlessly range into the multi-megaton level at the very least. While the exact magnitude of Superman's strength is unknown, it is generally accepted that his strength easily surpasses the capacity to lift 1,000,000 tons, but how much more is not known exactly. This makes Superman the strongest being on the planet and one of the strongest beings in the universe. Superman has shown feats of strength such as being seen lifting an enormous pyramid and flying it to Mars without any strain (which can weigh millions and millions of tons depending on their size), being capable of ripping off the arm of the likes of Darkseid and physically defeating him in combat, being able to move the planet Earth away from the Sun while a powerful Cosmic Entity named Starbreaker was pushing it toward the Sun, and having the strength necessary to shatter entire worlds. Superman has been chained to the endless wheels of the Mageddon machinery and his strength was used to move the gears of a weapon whose size dwarfed the entire Earth/Moon system itself. Most recently he has been shown to be able to bench press the weight of the Earth (approximately 6 sextillion tons) for 5 days, while inside the Earth itself (and thus deprived of replenishing his reserves of solar energy).He can become "supercharged" and exceed his "normal" power levels as evident when his power absorption ability ran amok, requiring the Parasite to drain off his excessive power levels.
- Invulnerability: Superman's body is nigh-invulnerable. This ability's levels have changed over time. He has taken a blast equivalent to a million nuclear warheads point blank and remained conscious. Currently he is even more durable than in the past. He has entered the Sun and emerged completely unharmed, he has even traveled through Krypton's Red Sun and survived physically unharmed, even though Red Solar Radiation depowers and weakens him. He has been seen to skirt the photosphere of the sun (100,000,000 degrees F). Superman has even been shown withstanding Darkseid's Omega Beams, a feat that was previously considered impossible. Superman was able to survive the nuclear destruction of the entire moon in the year 2995 when he was stuck in the future. The moon had been lined with sufficient nuclear devices to disintegrate it in one shot and Superman was in the center and survived without being hurt at all. Superman has withstood 3 particle beams, each powered by the core of a planet, fired at him. One of these planet-powered beams was a plasma beam capable of leveling a huge city a few times over entirely with a single blast. Most likely his greatest feat of durability recently is that he was able to withstand the destructive power of a sun going nova and exploding, which was a result of Brainiac’s technology; this blast was at point-blank range to the planet he was on, which was eradicated by the force of the explosion with the rest of the surrounding system, and he survived without any visible physical damage, though the explosion did knock him out]. In addition, his immune system protects him from all toxins and diseases. The reason for this is because Superman possesses a super-dense molecular structure and a supercharged bio-electric "aura" that acts as an invisible "force field" around his body within a few millimeters from his skin. The proximity of this field to his skin means that loose clothes, for example, may be burned off of him, while cloth that is close to his body is protected by the "aura;" This phenomenon is sometimes cited as Superman's reason for wearing a skin-tight bodysuit. It is sometimes implied that he can unconsciously extend this field to an undetermined extent to protect a greater area, allowing him to carry huge objects within the Earth's atmosphere and without gravity or inertia tearing them apart around his human-sized hands.
- Longevity: Superman can live almost indefinitely, with little to no aging to his being.
- Superhuman Stamina: Superman has the ability to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an undefined period. Theoretically, most incarnations of the character have unlimited stamina as his enhanced nourishment is produced from the solar energy his cells process. Superman like other Kryptonians does not get tired and does not need to eat or sleep and can be sustained on Solar energy alone. He can also hold his breath for an undefined duration.
- Flight: Under one Earth gravity Superman is capable of flying at faster-than-light speeds. He tends to fly at speeds of Mach 10 in the atmosphere. His control of his flight is perfect and he can perform aerobatic feats such as hovering, flying backwards, and even lifting great weights while flying. Superman can fly at speeds many times faster than light. Superman can also fly in outer space. He has been seen to fly to the moon in minutes, so it can be assumed that he can fly faster than that without atmospheric interference.
- Superhuman Speed: Superman is capable of enhanced reflex action and the ability to move at incredible speeds by sheer force of will. While not nearly as fast as the Flash (Wally West), Superman can move at speeds much faster than light and is one of the fastest beings in the universe. Superman can match most other speedsters in their ability to perform super fast movements, reactions, and processes. He can use this power to disarm opponents with or without heightened reflexes, catch bullets or shrapnel or cross vast distances in seconds. Superman can also run at incredible speeds and even keep up with most speedsters; he was seen running steadily alongside the Flash at a speed of 2000 miles per second (around Mach 9350) He has been seen flying from the Moon to the Earth in less than 2 minutes. Superman is so fast that he is even able to vibrate his molecules through blows akin to what the Flash can do as seen in his fight with Doomsday. He has also used the Infinite Mass Punch, another Flash power, by accelerating to just under the speed of light, with his mass increasing to infinity, when he had to destroy a shadow replica of the moon created by Shadow Thief, which had the same mass as the original, (roughly 8.4 billion tons).
- Superhuman Hearing: Superman has incredible hearing at extreme variances of sound and pitch frequency, allowing him to pick up noises from across the globe. He has shown enough control to block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source/frequency. He can hear every single heartbeat, as well as the blood pumping through everyone's veins, hear every foot step, every cell phone signal as it lances through the air and more. He can identify a person by their heartbeat, or pick out a single voice in an entire world.
- Super Smell: On various occasions, Superman has demonstrated that his sense of smell is significantly enhanced to the point he can smell odors across the entire planet without any problem.
- Super Scream: In one instance, Superman was shown to have the ability to project a "super scream" from his vocal cords. He used this ability to cancel out the impending threat of an already exploding nuclear detonation. He used this power(or something similar to it)when he destroyed Darkseid's essence from the Miracle Machine by singing a cord at such a frequency that it countered Darksied's own vibrational frequency,thus destroying his essence.
- Self-Sufficiency: Doesn't need to eat and sleep so long as he's under the effects of yellow sun radiation. His body stores the energy necessary to negate eating and sleeping for an indefinite period.
- Healing Factor: In the extreme event that Superman is harmed, either by an alien matching his own strength or other occurrence, he has been shown to have the ability to heal almost instantaneously from any wound, assuming that the process is not impeded from some outside factor i.e. Kryptonite. This "healing factor" is supplemented by his stores of solar energy.
- Super Breath: The ability to create hurricane force winds by blowing, and to chill his breath in order to freeze a target (this latter ability has also been called "freeze breath" and "arctic breath"). The ability to chill inhaled air is a function of Superman's great strength and invulnerability. When Superman takes air into his lungs they compress the incoming gas. When this gas expands upon exhalation, in a fashion analogous to the operation of an air conditioners compressor, the sudden increase in volume of the gas causes its temperature to drop proportionally to the size of this expansion. Superman can also breathe in large amounts of air, an ability used when dealing with and disposing things like clouds of poison gas.
- Heat Vision: The ability to fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it with the conscious act of activating this power. Visually, the power is typically depicted as two beams of red light firing from his eyes. These beams can be made invisible, allowing Superman to work undetected. His heat vision is so powerful that they are able to power up the giant ion planet moving engines with his heat vision alone, annihilate an entire army of Doomsday clones in one blast, and has even been stated to rival the heat of a Star. The area of effect can be consciously determined by Superman, down to the microscopic level. Recent stories imply the precision is so exact it can bypass a target's outer shell, not causing damage to a person's skull for surgical purposes.
- Super Vision: He also possesses a superior sensory arrangement of microscopic, telescopic, infrared and ultraviolet visual capabilities. He is able to see the entire spectrum. STAR Laboratories has not been able to completely define how Superman has been able to utilize his powerful senses, part of the mechanism is physical, part of it is believed to be psionic in nature. Abilities include:
- Microscopic Vision: The ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the sub atomic level.
- Electro-magnetic Spectrum Vision:Superman can see into all of the EM Spectrum. He can see and identify radio/television and any and all broadcast/transmitted frequencies, allowing him to avoid detection through radar or satellite monitoring methods. Superman can see the aura that every living thing generates.
- Telescopic Vision: The ability to focus his vision to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics.
- X-Ray vision: The ability to see through anything except lead. Opponents sometimes used lead-lined constructs in an attempt to hide things from Superman. He can see things behind a wall as if the wall were not there, or can "peel back" layer after layer of matter in his mind. Kal-El is able to focus his vision past layers of matter, literally seeing "through" them -- possibly perceiving x-rays, cosmic rays or other forms of energy invisible to normal human vision which pass through Earth's atmosphere (and solid objects) after emission from stars. Since it is passive, this ability would not generate harmful radiation in the same manner as a focused projection of hard X-rays.
Characters of Metropolis of the superman comics universe: Lois Lane (girlfriend), Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, Catherine Grant, Steve Lombard, Ronald Troupe (friends of work), Lex Luthor (enemy), Mercy Graves (Luthor's assistent), Emil Hamilton (friend scientist), John Henry Irons (The Steel, friend and ally), Emmett Vale (Luthor's scientist), James Harper (The Guardian, friend and ally), Professor Leonard Quintum (friend), Major Samuel Lane, Lucy Lane (neutral people), Comissário David Smith (friend), Father Daniel Leone (friend) and Bo the Bartender (friend).
Characters of Smallville of the superman comics universe: Jonathan Kent, Martha Kent (adoptive parents), Lana Lang (first girlfriend), Peter Ross, Chloe Sullivan, Javier Ramirez (Clark's friend) and Whitney Fordman (first enemy).