Instant Martians are the names given to a sapient species of Martian life forms that Marvin and likely many other Martians can grow from seeds as quickly-deployable soldiers.
Biology[edit | edit source]
Members of this species are avian bipeds with green plumage covering their bodies, with the exception of their thin legs, which are pinkish magenta in color. Unlike Earth birds, they are plantigrades, and have only two toes on their feet, while their hands are tridactyl. They have relatively long thin necks, curved beaks, and large eyes with white sclerae. On the base of the neck there is a ruff of pinkish feathers, the same color as their legs. From the top of their heads sprouts a single antenna of this same coloration with a tufted tip.
Instant Martians are dehydrated in their seed forms, and very quickly reconstituted by adding small quantities of water. This could be an evolutionary trait due to Mars' desert landscape, especially if one considers the possibility of Mars having very long periods of full-planet droughts.
Because an Instant Martian can comprehend and follow orders immediately after reconstitution, it can be assumed that their seed forms are, in fact, a style of cryptobiotic tun, similar to a tardigrade's. Even so, they are either not particularly clever or even perhaps suffer from a sort of "reconstitution sickness" as they have been seen to be outsmarted by a simple, if particularly cunning, Earth rabbit.
Culture and society[edit | edit source]
Members of this species are employed as soldiers by the Martians, suggesting that they might have been either subjugated or even genetically-engineered by the latter. However, they have also been shown to operate on their own, and might even have outposts on Jupiter.
History[edit | edit source]
Marvin the Martian has sent them after Bugs Bunny, but they were all outsmarted by him. Prior to this occurrence, aliens that looked very similar to them were encountered by Porky Pig and Sylvester during a desert camping trip, which were on a mission to collect earthlings for experimentation. Younger members of them were also encountered by Duck Dodgers around the year 2350. One of them would also be caught sleeping on the job of guarding a ship and failing to notice as Bugs and Daffy hijacked it.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Jumpin' Jupiter (1955) (First appearance)
- Hare-Way to the Stars (1958)
- Looney Tunes: Back in Action (2003) (cameo)
- Duck Dodgers (2003 - 2005)
- The Looney Tunes Show (2011 - 2014)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- They appear in The Looney Tunes Show during Marvin's music video "I'm a Martian". In this short video, in addition to one being a DJ and one a hippie guitarist, there are also females seen dancing. They next appeared in another music video entitled "Be Polite".
- They are shown to like parties in The Looney Tunes Show, although it can be presumed that this would be on an individual basis.
- The Omnitrix from the Ben 10 franchise (or at least a replica designed by Black Hat Organization) contains Instant Martian DNA.