Gimlinopithecus are yellow sasquatch-like aliens from the planet Pattersonea.
Gimlinopithecus are bulky and ape-like in appearance. They have yellow and black fur, along with grey fingers and toes. They also have two bolts on the side of their wrists and yellow crest-like horns.
Males tend to be yellow in appearance with black areas on their limbs and white lightning bolt markings bordering these areas.
Females look similar to males, but with paler yellow skin and more white areas on their bodies. They also have a more feminine figure, with a skinnier waist and voluptuous breasts.
Powers and abilities
Gimlinopithecus can release electrical charges from their hands, mouth, and body that come in different colors, such as yellow and blue. These charges are powerful enough to harm Tetramands, Buglizards, and entities as large as the Alpha Nanite.
By covering objects with their electricity, Gimlinopithecus can telekinetically move them.
Gimlinopithecus possess enhanced durability, being able to withstand being flicked off the shoulder of a To'kustar. Their thick fur renders them immune to freezing climates, such as those found on Pattersonea.
Gimlinopithecus possess enhanced strength, being able to smash their way through the ground. They also possess enhanced agility, being able to jump over a Buglizard.
Gimlinopithecus possess enhanced speed and dexterity, allowing them to run on all fours.
Gimlinopithecus can generate electric force fields to fire multiple beams of electricity at once and temporarily shield themselves from cosmic radiation.
Gimlinopithecus can be trapped by an Evolved Arachnichimp's webbing, which can also insulates and cancels out their electrical attacks.
Despite their immunity to freezing climates and cosmic radiation, these can still be lethal to a Gimlinopithecus after a certain period of time.
Opponents such as a hybrid Terroranchula can absorb electricity through Gimlinopithecus.
Culture and society
Gimlinopithecus tend to be polite unless they are playing hockey.
Gimlinopithecus speak using Canadian accents.
- The Omnitrix's Gimlinopithecus representative is named Shocksquatch, who first appeared in the crossover special Ben 10-Generator Rex: Heroes United. It is implied that he is one of the many aliens unlocked by Ultimate Ben in the Ultimate Alien episode "Ben 10,000 Returns". Shocksquatch solely appears in Ultimate Alien and Omniverse.
- The Ben Tennyson of Dimension 23 has an equivalent of Shocksquatch named Electricyeti, who first appeared in the Omniverse episode "Store 23".
- The name of this species is partially based on the last name of Robert "Bob" Gimlin, who filmed an apparent Bigfoot alongside Roger Patterson in a 1967 film known as Patterson-Gimlin film.
- The term is also based on Gigantopithecus, a genus of large extinct apes that is believed by many cryptozoologists to be the ancestors of Bigfoot, the Yeti, and other similar cryptids.
- It is confirmed that the Omnitrix from the Ben 10 reboot contains Gimlinopithecus DNA. Therefore, Shocksquatch is one of the countless aliens whose DNA pod was glimpsed in the episode "Innervasion Part 5: High Override".
- Shocksquatch was among the aliens considered to physically appear in the reboot, but did not make the cut because Shock Rock was given a heavy focus during Season 2.
- According to the Omniverse production bible.
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt
- According to Duncan Rouleau