The Galvanic Mechamorphs are bio-mechanical lifeforms accidentally created by the Galvan scientist Azmuth that inhabit Galvan Prime's moon Galvan B.
Galvanic Mechamorphs are a techno-organic species with a gel-like body composed of a nanotechnological fluid metal substance. Their bodies are made of billions of small cell-like creatures called nanites. They have a large singular eye in the center of their face, and their bodies are covered entirely in a circuitry pattern that can vary between individuals.
Humanoid Mechamorphs can be slim, fat, or muscular. While these are the most commonly seen specimens, Mechamorphs resembling animals and plants also exist. Undead Mechamorphs have a skeleton-like appearance.
Although they are traditionally green, Mechamorphs can come in other colors. For example, Bootleg and Mechamorphs from Dimension 23 are blue, Glitch and Benzarro's Upgrade are purple, Gwen 10's Upgrade is pink, and Malware was originally yellow before switching to red after absorbing the secondary Helix.
Powers and abilities
A Galvanic Mechamorph's DNA is "programmed" with blueprints of every alien technology, allowing them to merge with and possess technology. When this happens, they upgrade the technology in question into something far more advanced and futuristic, causing new features to form. After they separate from a machine, it returns to normal.
The nanites in a Mechamorph's body allow them to reshape and move like liquids, even though they are naturally solid beings. If they get blown apart, they can gather together their remains and reform their bodies.
A Mechamorph's ability to merge with technology extends to even sentient beings that are mechanical in nature, such as Chronosapiens and possibly Nanomites. They can also merge with organic beings as long as there is machinery integrated within them.
If they were to merge with Cybertronians, Mechamorphs could probably prevent the former from going insane when upgrading them into Triple Changers.
By energizing their biomechanical blood, Mechamorphs can shoot a powerful laser beam from their cyclopean eyes.
Having a vast library to draw upon, Mechamorphs can mimic and shapeshift into technology and non-electrical objects.
A humanoid Mechamorph such as Baz-El can spawn a smaller animalistic Mechamorph like Ship. However, it is only possible to do so once the larger Mechamorph has absorbed an animal-like Mechamorph.
Mechamorphs can manipulate the environment of Galvan B by merging with one another. This has been done when Galvan B was reborn after being destroyed by Malware.
Due to being inorganic in nature, Mechamorphs can survive in the vacuum of space.
Undead Mechamorphs can downgrade technology they merge with to a more obsolete stage, functionally working in the opposite of ordinary Mechamorphs. They also have sharp claws that can be used in melee combat.
Due to the alterations Kevin Levin has made to the Antitrix, Bootleg is more powerful than ordinary Mechamorphs. He is also capable of merging with technology that has already have been merged with another Mechamorph.
In an alternate timeline, Mechamorphs can merge with organic DNA, thereby creating hybrid Mechamorphs. An example of this occurred when remnants of Upgrade's DNA merged with Ben's Human DNA to create Glitch.
While Mechamorphs are masters of the mechanical, their merging powers are useless on organic creatures, with only the few exceptions being those who already had technology integrated into their organic systems.
Being living metal, Mechamorphs are weak against electricity, such as that which can be generated by Nosedeenians, Conductoids, and Fulmini. They are also sensitive to electromagnetic pulses and magnetic fields.
Ordinary Mechamorphs are vulnerable against the abilities of a mutated Mechamorph. For example, Malware can absorb and destroy other Mechamorphs whereas Bootleg can fuse with and possess them.
Young Mechamorphs cannot completely merge with technology due to being too small to completely stretch themselves long enough.
Due to their nature as synthetic lifeforms, Mechamorphs can be affected by technorganic viruses.
Culture and society
According to Azmuth, Mechamorphs are peaceful neighbors with the Galvan.
Mechamorphs do not wear clothes for two reasons. Firstly, they are artificial lifeforms that do not need clothing. Secondly, they are considered rare and very beautiful by people of the galaxy that know of them. The only Mechamorph that would wear clothes is Baz-el.
Most Omnitrix transformations based off the Galvanic Mechamorph share the same voice as their users albeit through a speaker. This is because Mechamorphs cannot "upgrade" living tissue. Therefore, the merging of both the user and the transformation's DNA is incomplete.
Certain Mechamorphs such as Malware, as well as related entities such as the Retaliator Armor, have a robotic tone to their voices.
The only Mechamorph transformation to speak with a voice completely different from their user is the Upgrade of Dimension 27998.3. The reason for this is because his voice meant to be a deep-voiced interpretation of that universe's Ben, as if he was the same person suddenly in a different body with a deep adult voice but still a kid.
- Upgrade: An Omnitrix transformation used by Ben Tennyson.
- Techno-Bubble: An alternate version of Heatblast used by the Ben Tennyson of Dimension 23.
- Upgrade (Gwen 10): An alternate female version of Upgrade used off-screen by the "What-If" Gwen 10.
- Upgrade (Gweniverse): An alternate female version of Upgrade used by the Gweniverse Gwen 10.
- Benzarro Upgrade: An alternate, undead version of Upgrade used by Benzarro.
- Upgrade (Max 10): An alternate version of Upgrade used by the "What-If" Gwen 10 version of Max Tennyson.
- Baz-el: A Mechamorph atmosphere surveyor and treasure hunter.
- Ship: An animalistic Mechamorph spawned from Baz-el.
- Mechamorph Guards: Galvanic Mechamorphs who work as security guards.
- Mechamorph Maintenance Worker: A Galvanic Mechamorph who works as a maintenance worker for Incarcecon.
- Bootleg: A mutant hybrid equivalent of Heatblast used by the Kevin Levin of Dimension 27998.3.
- Kevin Levin: The Prime Timeline's Kevin Levin transformed into a copy of Ripjaws using his Osmosian powers.
- Kevin 11/Devlin 11: 11-year-old Kevin Levin of the Prime Timeline transformed into an amalgamation of Ben Tennyson's first set of 10 aliens, including Upgrade. Devlin Levin can transform into an identical amalgamation.
- Glitch: A hybrid Galvanic Mechamorph created using a strand of Ben Tennyson's DNA.
- Malware: An incomplete and mutated Galvanic Mechamorph involved with the creation of the Nemetrix.
- Malware (Argitrix Dimension): Anb alternate version of Malware from the Argitrix Dimension.
- Fistina: Fistina was temporarily mutated into a Galvanic Mechamorph due to an Omnitrix malfunction.
- Uprigg: A Biomnitrix transformation comprised of Galvanic Mechamorph and Planchaküle DNA.
- Amalgam Ben: The Ben Tennyson of Dimension 27988.3 transformed into an amalgamation of his first 10 aliens, including Upgrade.
- Monster Kevin/AntiVilgax: The Kevin Levin and Vilgax of Dimension 27998.3 transformed into amalgamations of every alien available in the Antitrix, including Bootleg.
The Galvanic Mechamorphs were first brought to life as a complete accident. Galvan B was originally an uninhabited moon, orbiting Galvan Prime. Galvan scientists lead by Azmuth were originally working on a project to make Galvan B habitable, but it went farther than intended when a new sapient species came to life thanks to the Helix.
It did not take long before the first Galvanic Mechamorphs came to join the galactic community and meet their creators in person. Azmuth and the Galvan were surprised by the unexpected result of their experiment on Galvan B. With their help they built a great civilization within days. Since then, the Galvan and Galvanic Mechamorphs have become peaceful neighbors.
- The name Mechamorph is a portmanteau of the prefix "mecha-", meaning machine, and the suffix "-morph", meaning form or transform. The "Galvanic" prefix of their name refers to their origin as a creation of the Galvan; it was first used on-screen by Xylene in the Ben 10 episode "The Visitor".
- Galvanic Mechamorphs have no natural predator (apart from Malware) due to the nature of their creation.
- Ship is considered to be the Mechamorph equivalent of an Earth puppy.
- Mechamorph transformations may not be able to mimic technology due to their incomplete status.
- Multiple species share physical similarities with the Mechamorphs, such as Shadowman's Species, Kringl the Summoner's Species, and the Xerge.
- Derrick J. Wyatt views humanoid Mechamorphs being able to mimic technology as a glitch power. However, Matt Wayne does not believe this to be true because he was unaware of the existence of "glitch powers".
- The out-of-universe reason for this power being available to humanoid Mechamorphs is because someone on the Ultimate Alien crew did not have a basic understanding of how Mechamorphs work.
- In 2020, Wyatt released full-color models of alternate versions of Upgrade used by the Gweniverse Gwen 10 and Benzarro.
- In the original series, it was stated that the Mechamorphs were brought to life by an environmental disaster. This has been retconned in the Omniverse episode "Trouble Helix" and this new origin would be incorporated into the reboot continuity.
- Although they are from different universes, Mechamorphs can merge with Cybertronians.
- According to the trivia version of the episode "Game Over"
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt
- According to the trivia version of the episode "Divided We Stand"
- According to Duncan Rouleau
- According to Alex Soto
- According to Upgrade's lenticular bio card from Bandai's Ben 10 toyline
- According to David Sobolov
- According to Matt Wayne
- According to Upgrade's bio card from Bandai's Ben 10 toyline