|Behind the Scenes|
|Universe||Ben 10 Universe|
Galvan (a play on galvanization) are an gextraterrestrial species of small bipedal frog-like beings from the planet Galvan Prime. Known for evasion rather than confrontation and lacking any actual combat prowess, Galvans have developed intellectual capacities far beyond those of neighboring species.
The Galvan are small frog-like bipedal creatures, standing at four or five inches. They have large squarish green or orange eyes eyes, sharp teeth, and grey skin. Male Galvan do not have hair, while female Galvan do.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Galvan are very intellectual, being the creators of much of the great technology around the universe, such as the Potis Altiare, the Omnitrixes, anti-gravity projectors used by Polymorphs, the Codon Stream, and Universal Translators.
Their high intellect allows them to even create other worlds, such as the Null Void, Primus, and a rebuilt version of their own planet dubbed Galvan MK 2, and other species, including the Galvanic Mechamorphs, Null Guardians, and Voliticus Biopsis.
Galvan have slimy skin, letting them evade capture and scale walls, and soft flexible bones, allowing them to squeeze into tight spaces or spring quickly from danger.
According to Dwayne McDuffie, Galvan have an immense lifespan of thousands of years. This was verified when Azmuth, a Galvan of considerable age, says he expects to "only" live another 3,000 years.
Galvan must remain ever vigilant because in a dangerous galaxy, size still matters and they are easily trampled underfoot. Being small-sized means that they do not match physically with most species, especially their extinct predator the Omnivoracious.
While their slimy skin allows Galvan to stick to almost any surface, it also makes them equally difficult to grab hold of.
Galvan are incessant collectors of all things technological, they are raised and bred to enter complex machines and operate them from the inside. They are raised to be extremely intelligent, allowing them to understand and operate virtually any machine even if they have never seen it before.
Galvan are the smartest species in the galaxy, as their intellect is apparently highly revered. The Highbreed Supreme referred to Azmuth as "slightly more advanced pond scum".
The only race that can compete or even rival with their collective intellect is the Cerebrocrustaceans.
Primitive Galvan used to worship technology gods, such as the one that Azmuth's bio-suit is based on.
In Ben 10 Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction, it is stated by Azmuth that Galvan are very loyal to keeping their top research and technology a secret from other species, as they would rather die than just give it up unless there is a good reason for it. One such example is the need for the Potis Altiare to help Ben Tennyson defeat a To'kustar known as "Evil Way Big".
- Galvan are also known as "Grey Matter" (a play on actual grey matter and Greys).
- Since the eyes of the Galvan are so big, there is very little space in their head for a brain (less than an inch or so), which is ironic as they're the most intelligent species in the galaxy. As Brainstorm, Ben actually referenced this with a "hand" gesture in an argument with Azmuth.
- Galvan have a second brain, which is used for motor functions.
- It apparently doesn't rain on the Galvan Prime. During a rainstorm, Azmuth mentions that Earth has wonderful weather.
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt, Galvan are Insectivores. Meaning they mostly eat insects and have more in common with Earth's frogs.
- Galvan can evolve into Evolved Galvan.