Galileans are bulky planetoid aliens that orbit arround the planet Keplorr.
Galileans are large, bulky silicon-based aliens with rocky skin, a core on their chest, four reddish-brown fingers, three grey toes, and teeth that are also made of rocks. Females look mostly the same as males, except they have eyelashes and wear bows.
Although they traditionally have brown skin, Galileans can come in other colors. For example, Negative Gravattack has magenta skin and Bad Ben's Gravattack has violet skin.
While most Galileans are rocky, it is confirmed that some larger ones are not. Some Galileans happen to be the size of actual planetoids.
Powers and abilities
Galileans can manipulate the gravity of nearby objects, making them either lighter than air or incredibly heavy. They can place objects into an orbital track, causing them to fly in circles at various speeds.
When using their powers, Galileans can emit an aura of hazy energy that can come in different colors such as purple, green, red, and dark blue, which also correspond with the color of their cores. These auras can alternatively be formed into walls, barriers, and domes.
Galileans can retract their limbs and manipulate their own gravity, allowing themselves to assume a planetoid form and levitate. They can also make objects revolve around them while in their planetoid form.
Galileans possess a great level of enhanced durability due to their rock-like skin.
Due to being living planets, Galileans can survive in the vacuum of space.
With enough practice, Galileans can create black holes and possibly quasars.
If a Galilean takes a large amount of damage to their core, they can meltdown and explode, much like an actual planet.
A Galilean's large size makes fitting in smaller spaces rather difficult.
If Galileans manipulate too much gravity, they can accidentally create an unstable black hole that they will be unable to reverse. There is also a structural limit that a target reaches long before the fusion starts.
Despite their enhanced durability, Galileans can be harmed by a Talpaedan's drill.
Sudden changes of mass can throw Galileans off their orbit.
Like other organic beings, Galileans can be erased from existence by a Chronosapien Time Bomb.
Culture and society
According to Max Tennyson, Galileans are said to be wise and patient.
Galileans do not live on planets, because they themselves are tiny planets. They live in space and orbit their sun before eventually orbiting Keplorr at some point in their life cycle.
- The Omnitrix's Galilean representative is named Gravattack, who first appeared in the Omniverse episode "A Jolt From the Past". It is implied that he is one of the many aliens unlocked by Ultimate Ben in the Ultimate Alien episode "Ben 10,000 Returns". Gravattack solely appears in Omniverse.
- The Ben Tennyson of Dimension 23 has an equivalent of Gravattack named Orbit Man, who was confirmed to exist in the Omniverse episode "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 2".
- Gravattack has also been used by Albedo and Bad Ben.
- This species is named after the famous astronomer Galileo Galilei, while their homeworld of Keplorr is named after Galilei's colleague, Johannes Kepler.
- It is confirmed that the Omnitrix from the Ben 10 reboot contains Galilean DNA. Therefore, Gravattack is one of the countless aliens whose DNA pod was glimpsed in the episode "Innervasion Part 5: High Override".
- Gravattack was among the aliens considered to physically appear in the reboot but did not make the cut because he is considered too powerful for the earthbound villains on the show to fight.
- According to the Omniverse production bible
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt
- According to Duncan Rouleau
- According to Matt Wayne