A species of bipedal, extraterrestrial insectoids (specifically mantids) native to the planet Dokar.
Biology[edit | edit source]
Anatomy[edit | edit source]
These aliens are often described as looking similar to a giant praying mantis. They stand considerably taller than the average Human, considering their noticeably "hunchbacked" posture. They have skinny bodies, light or dark bluish-green skin, and heads supported by long necks, a pair of wings, and large eyes that do not appear to be composed (which is common for insectoids).
The Dokarians' leader is a wholly different creature with a large head, a shorter stature, a non-beaked mouth and pupil-less black eyes. Despite this, he was dressed in a Dokarian uniform like the others.
Powers and abilities[edit | edit source]
They have impressing regenerating abilities and are able to hypnotize others, though this might not hold true for all members of the race.
The fact that they sought to conquer an oceanic settlement might indicate that the species can survive underwater.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
Despite possessing a set of wings, it remains uncertain whether they are able to fly.
Diet[edit | edit source]
They appear to be able to consume highly unusual substances, including toner fluid.
Reproduction[edit | edit source]
The Dokarian mating process results in the death of the male, as is the case for Earth mantises.
Life cycle[edit | edit source]
Dokarians go through molting processes, confirming that they have exoskeletons.
Culture and society[edit | edit source]
Hardly anything is known about their culture and civilization, since the most famous member of this species, the villain Zorak and his assistants, are actually renegades who left their planet to attempt to conquer the galaxy.
History[edit | edit source]
In the year 2076, a Dokarian vessel attempted to conquer an underwater Human civilization on Earth, but their plans were thwarted by Jabberjaw and the Neptunes (a group of four musicians). It seems unlikely that the very small group of invaders was acting in the interests of the Dokarian government.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The fact that Zorak is an alien is not always acknowledged in the comedy shows Space Ghost Coast to Coast and The Brak Show, where he is often referred to as a locust or a mantis, even by himself. Zorak has also claimed to be Egyptian.
- The name "Dokarian" has never been used in official sources, but can be extrapolated from the name of Zorak's homeworld, Dokar.
- Some sources describe Zorak as the leader of the "Zorathian" fleet. Since he has been established as a fugitive, it could be inferred that Zorathian is the name of his criminal affiliation, not his species.
- The Omnitrix from the Ben 10 franchise (or at least a replica designed by Black Hat Organization) contains Dokarian DNA.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Space Ghost
- Jabberjaw, s01e02
- Space Ghost Coast to Coast
- The Brak Show