|Chimera Sui Generis|
|Locomotion||Bipedal (incomplete form)|
|Behind the Scenes|
|Universe||Ben 10 Universe|
Chimera Sui Generis, also known as Chimerans or Vilgaxians, are a species from the planet Vilgaxia.
Chimera Sui Generis are a green humanoid species with long tendrils like those of an octopus or squid on their heads. Most females have them on their head, while males on their chin or all around their head to resemble hair or beards, respectively. Some females have beauty mark like marks on their face.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Chimeras have incredible natural strength, agility, and durability. Even before being enhanced, Vilgax was able to overpower Phil and survived a nuclear explosion at point blank range, though he was widely believed to be dead after this. Likewise, Myaxx was able to battle Vilgax's drones on Xenon.
Chimerans can project powerful laser beams from their eyes, though only Vilgax and his genetic copy Gax have displayed this ability. They also have shapeshifting arms that can change into a bunch of tentacles (five on each arm). These tentacles are very powerful and retain equal strength to their arms as a whole.
Chimeras have the ability to transform into large octopus-like creatures at will, which Vilgax described as their true form, though it would likely be useful only in water-based environments.
Chimerans are also possibly quite intelligent, as Myaxx was one of Azmuth's assistants and helped him make the Omnitrix and the cloaking field for Xenon. Meanwhile, Vilgax displays high levels of expertise with the Omnitrix as well as having a vast army of drones that he might have made himself.
- The Chimera Sui Generi's home planet was originally named Murray before it was later renamed Vilgaxia, after their champion Vilgax.
- According to Dwayne McDuffie, the Omnitrix from the original Ben 10 continuity contains a Chimera Sui Generis DNA sample.
- Duncan Rouleau would later reveal that the DNA comes from Vilgax, which was what allowed him to talk to Upgrade when he was merged with Rojo in the Ben 10 episode "The Alliance".
- Unfortunately, Ben was unable to discover this form because the power surge on the Chimerian Hammer removed the DNA sample from the original Omnitrix, causing it to malfunction, during the events of the Ben 10 episode "Secrets".
- Additionally, McDuffie stated that the original Ultimatrix Ben used throughout Ben 10: Ultimate Alien did not contain any Chimeran Sui Generis DNA.