Celestialsapiens are the gods of a dimension known as the Forge of Creation, and are defined as "Transcendent Aliens".
Celestialsapiens are silhouette-like humanoids that can manifest themselves on any size. The insides of their bodies resemble outer space, and they have white star-like dots scattered inside their bodies. Their face consists of white eyes with no pupils and no mouth, although some males can grow beard.
Male Celestialsapiens physically resemble muscular male adult Humans. Females physically resemble thin female adult Humans. Newborn Celestialsapiens are shaped like Human babies.
Celestialsapiens can have either three trident-like horns on their forehead, two horns on each side of their head, or a flaming top resembling hair, though this varies by individual.
A Celestialsapien's starred body is not simply "aesthetic". Rather, they contain their own debate dimensions, which exist inside of their own heads. Instead of being real places, the debate dimensions are a visual interpretation of what is happening mentally.
A Celestialsapien's unique personalities, consisting of a masculine voice of rage and aggression and a feminine voice of love and compassion, are considered to be "sort of" part of their DNA. In the case of Alien X, his voice of rage is named Bellicus and his voice of love is named Serena. Unlike pure Celestialsapiens, hybrids such as Atomic-X circumvent the need for these personalities.
Celestialsapiens originating from different time periods of any timeline are the same, not just genetically but literally.
Celestialsapiens eat "star-stuff".
If a female Celestialsapien is pregnant, a white orb containing a developing baby will grow on the palms of her hands. It takes a newborn Celestialsapien thousands of years to develop.
Powers and abilities
Celestialsapiens are omnipotent, being able to warp reality, time, and space with ease and at any level they wish. Even their thoughts can become real. In short, Celestialsapiens can do anything. Technically speaking, pure Celestialsapiens are more powerful than hybrid Celestialsapiens and the Contemelia.
Celestialsapiens can create time waves to reverse events on a specific area, such as a destroyed dam.
Celestialsapiens can create universes at will, and recreate a universe that has recently been destroyed.
Celestialsapiens are extremely durable, being able to withstand attacks from Omni-Naut Vaxasaurians and mutant hybrid Petrosapiens. They are also immune to the destruction of any universe or timeline.
Celestialsapiens are excellent in hand-to-hand combat. They can also shapeshift their hands into weaponry and perform self-duplication on an infinite scale.
Celestialsapiens can generate small galaxies to suck in other beings. They can also cause massive storms to form and terraform entire planets with their presence.
Because they are born in a realm where time does not exist, Celestialsapiens can fly, run, and even teleport at infinite speeds.
While flying, Celestialsapiens can accelerate their speed and leave a glowing green trail.
Due to the nature of their existence, Celestialsapiens can survive in the vacuum of space.
Celestialsapiens can regenerate their limbs should they be severed.
Celestialsapiens can alter their size to something larger than a gas giant. As for hybrid Celestialsapiens such as Alien V, their maximum size is larger than the average To'kustar.
Celestialsapiens possess telekinesis, which has been effective on a wide variety of species include Pyronites, Kinecelerans, Tetramands, Aerophibians, Prypiatosian-Bs, Appoplexians, Crystalsapiens, Amperi, Vaxasaurians, Petrosapiens, Necrofriggians, and hybrid Terroranchulas.
Celestialsapiens can project powerful laser beams powerful enough to incapacitate Arburian Pelarotas and Piscciss Volanns from their eyes or hands. These beams are also capable of leaving humans in an immobilized yet disassembled state.
Celestialsapiens can deflect energy attacks, such as a Prypiatosian-B's radioactive blasts.
Celestialsapiens can bond their power with each other, but only if they collectively agree to do so.
Celestialsapiens can travel through the multiverse by opening purple portals.
Celestialsapiens possess X-ray vision, meaning they can see through objects such as a mountain.
Celestialsapiens can levitate, which is most evident whenever their personalities are debating and the Celestialsapien in question does not do anything.
A Celestialsapien's reality warping is so powerful that the personalities can even prevent their external body from being destroyed just by agreeing that it will not.
Many of the weaknesses listed are only applicable if a Celestialsapien is too slow to react due to deliberations being made by their personalities. Therefore, they can protect themselves from these weaknesses by using their powers, provided they actually use them.
Celestialsapiens are left in an inactive state for as long as the personalities are debating amongst themselves. For example, Professor Paradox has spoken of an alternate version of Albedo who transformed into Alien X and was trapped motionless for nearly a year.
While they are nigh invulnerable, Celestialsapiens can only take so much damage before collapsing in exhaustion.
A Celestialsapien's actions onto reality can be neutralized and reversed by the intervention of their own brethren.
Celestialsapiens can be affected by magic, as there is a spell capable of canceling out their omnipotence. Furthermore, their powers do not work well against magic.
Celestialsapiens are vulnerable to energy other than the kind they generate, such as a To'kustar's cosmic rays, a Chimera Sui Generis' optic beams, and a Crystalsapien's ultraviolet beams.
Celestialsapiens are vulnerable to fire, such as that generated by a Pyronite.
Celestialsapiens are vulnerable to electricity, such as that generated by an Amperi.
Celestialsapiens can have their life force sucked out by a Vladat. However, they will not receive a cosmic power boost from feeding off a Celetialsapien because they would feel like they just slammed an energy drink.
Because they are not allowed to reach full power, hybrid Celestialsapiens such as Alien V are weaker than they potentially could be.
Despite being unaffected by the destruction of a universe, Celestialsapiens are unable to survive the destruction of the Omniverse unless they were to combine their powers in advance.
Celestialsapiens are only omnipotent in their universe of origin. Therefore, they could be rendered powerless or have their powers limited to basic cosmic laws if they were to set foot in universe other than their own. That can happen because either that universe in question is not in line with the Celestialsapien's internal astronomy or it does not follow their native universe's laws.
Culture and society
Celestialsapiens prefer their shrouded existence in a dimension known as the Forge of Creation, as opposed to being involved with the "petty going-ons" of the rest of the universe.
Both of a Celestialsapien's personalities must agree on something for any actions to take place. However, due to their contrasting personalities, this hardly ever happens. When it does happen, it usually takes thousands of years.
Most Celestialsapiens only have two personalities yet Alien X has three. This is due to Ben Tennyson being the "voice of reason". Consequently, two out of three must agree on something in order for Alien X to perform any sort of action.
It is very dangerous to disturb Celestialsapiens while they are debating because, as stated by Kevin Levin to Ben's younger self, "they can just blink, and we'd be gone".
Celestialsapiens do not wear clothes because they mostly spend time naked among themselves. They mostly will follow the rules of galactic social norms whenever they are outside their own space.
Celestialsapiens never do anything fun; instead, they spend all their time in unending debates, both in parliament and internally. Debates on a subject can last for eons, and even then do they end in stalemate or be set aside for later discussion.
Much like their birthplace, Celestialsapiens exist outside of time and space itself. In other words, they are simultaneously everywhere and nowhere at the same time.
Whenever a Celestialsapien speaks, both personalities' voices speak in unison. Depending on what the voices agree on, they will say "Seconded!" or "Motion carried!" if they agreed. Instead, they will say "Motion denied!" if they disagreed.
Celestialsapiens evolved into what they are over the course of time within the timeframe of any universe. At some point early on, they realized how dangerous their powers could be. From there, they invoked great restrictions to the usage of their powers.
- The Omnitrix's Celestialsapien representative is named Alien X, who first appeared in the Alien Force episode "X = Ben + 2". Alien X has appeared in every subsequent series.
- It has been confirmed that the Ben Tennyson of Dimension 23 does not have an equivalent of Alien X.
- Alien X has also been used by Evil Ben. Despite not appearing on-screen, it is confirmed that the original version of Ben 10,000 and Nega Ben both have Alien X available in their Omnitrixes.
- However, it has been confirmed that Albedo cannot transform into Alien X because he does not have access to his DNA.
- Alien X's existence seems to come into conflict with ordinary Celestialsapiens. Alien X has three personalities, where as ordinary Celestialsapiens only have two. Essentially, Alien X has a voice of reason due to the presence of the transformation's user.
- An alternate theory behind Alien X's being is that when Myaxx obtained Celestialsapien DNA, she used Galvan technology to remove the original voice of reason, replacing it with the Omnitrix's wearer. Of course, there is currently no evidence confirming or denying that an ordinary Celestialsapien has a voice of reason.
- The name Celestialsapien is a play on "celestial," meaning from the stars; and "sapient", a term for intelligent.
- When the Celestialsapiens were introduced in Alien Force, they were not considered to be the most powerful race in the universe. This has been retconned in Ultimate Alien, as it is stated in the episode "The Forge of Creation" that Celestialsapiens possess unlimited power.
- Ben has managed to overcome the Celestialsapien's greatest weakness by convincing Bellicus and Serena to give him full control of the form in exchange for letting the two debate with each other in peace.
- Paradox is not allowed to be within 500 lightyears of a Celestialsapien or else he will be destroyed for ignoring this restraining order.
- When asked why this restraining order was made, Derrick J. Wyatt believed it was due to excessive unwanted hugging.
- All Celestialsapiens are born in the Forge of Creation. However, some are found in the Milky Way Galaxy, which would explain how Myaxx obtained a DNA sample for Alien X.
- It was once stated that Celestialsapiens could destroy a Multiverse, but that would have to require six thoughts. Years later, the statement would be refuted under the impression no one ever said so.
- At least one Highbreed gained Celestialsapien DNA during their genetic repair. However, he is probably unable to use Celestialsapien powers.
- In Nega Ben's timeline, the Galvan were wiped out at some point after the creation of his universe's Omnitrix by a rogue Celestialsapien that had been coerced by Maltruant.
- In 2020, Derrick J. Wyatt released a full-color model of an alternate version of Alien X used by Albedo.
- Before making their debut in the reboot series, it was confirmed that the Omnitrix in that series contains Celestialsapien DNA. Therefore, Alien X is one of the countless aliens whose DNA pod was glimpsed in the episode "Innervasion Part 5: High Override".
- Alien X's presence within the series was first teased during the film Ben 10 Versus the Universe. The reason why he never made an appearance prior to the movie event Alien X-tinction was because he was too powerful for the stories being told in previous seasons.
- According to Dwayne McDuffie
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt
- According to Duncan Rouleau
- According to Matt Wayne
- The following weaknesses are currently "Word of God" statements made by Derrick J. Wyatt, which have not been seen on-screen and may not necessarily be canon.
- According to toy packaging from Bandai's Alien Force toyline