Cascans are a sapient species from the aquatic planet Cascareau in the Andromeda Galaxy.
Cascans are aquatic creatures enclosed in red, orange, or gold biomechanical suits of armor made of Serpent Glass that are decorated with tubes and containers filled with water.
Powers and abilities
Similar to Orishan, Cascans can shoot pressurized jets of water from their hands as means of attack. In the case of Omni-Enhanced Cascans, they can shoot out larger amounts of water from the large cannons on their backs. They can also generate blades or whips using their water.
Cascans can breathe underwater and swim at high speeds with amazing agility.
Cascans possess enhanced durability due to their biomechanical armor, and are capable of withstanding strong water pressure. For Omni-Enhanced Cascans, their natural durability increases thanks to their rock-like armor.
Cascans can manipulate different states of matter.
Cascans have a small degree of cryokinesis, as they can create sculptures made of ice. In the case of Omni-Enhanced Cascans, they can use their back cannons to create walls of ice.
Due to the alterations Kevin Levin has made to the Antitrix, Undertow is more powerful than ordinary Cascans. He also possesses a form of terrakinesis that can cause the ground beneath his opponents to turn into mud.
Omni-Enhanced Cascans can channel electricity through the water they fire out of their back cannons. They can also use their cannons to release strong gusts of air.
If a Cascan shoots water at an electric device, they will be shocked by the electrified water.
Cascans can be affected by magic, as there is a spell that can constrain them in midair.
Culture and society
Cascans dwell beneath the waves of Cascareau, avoiding the many perils of its surface from torrential hurricanes to pirates. They hunt for Serpent Glass collected from the spires that dot the horizon.
Cascans speak with a slightly muffled echo in their voices.
- The Omnitrix's Cascan representative is named Overflow, who first appeared in the reboot episode "Waterfilter".
- The reboot version of Kevin 11 has a mutant hybrid equivalent of Overflow named Undertow, who first appeared in the episode "King of the Castle".
- The Cascans are genetically related to the Orishans, as both as red sapient hydrokinetic species hailing from the Andromeda Galaxy. However, both races are considered separate species, their differences being likened to those of panthers and jaguars.
- An Omni-Enhanced Cascan's water cannons resemble pieces of Fulmini technology.
- Despite only appearing in the reboot continuity, Cascans have been confirmed to exist in the original Ben 10 continuity. However, Overflow's DNA is currently not in the Omnitrix as of Omniverse.
- According to Duncan Rouleau
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt