Brandon Breyer also referred to as Brightburn, is the name was given to a human-like alien being adopted by the Breyer family on Earth.
Brandon Breyer has the physical anatomy mirroring that of a human being. His outfit, later on, consists of a reddish hood/cape, sewn together over the mouth with eye holes.
Brandon Breyer, even for his age, has shown a high level of murderous intent to his actions, often times hurting and killing others purely out of anger, and in some cases with little provocation. Many of these traits were emphasized not long after the discovery of his powers.
Very little is known about his home planet, or who his true parents were. He was found after crash landing on a nearby farm back within a spacecraft in 2006 by the Breyer family, who decide to take him in and gave him his name.
Over the course of the following twelve years, little has shown of Brandon's abilities and he lived his life as a normal human until he discovers his superhuman strength by easily breaking a lawnmower blade on full power. He was also found that following night sleepwalking towards his spaceship until his mother wakes him up. Since this, he began to turn more and more disrespectful and disobedient towards his foster parents. His first act of murderous intent is soon shown one night after he kills all of the farm's chickens.
During school, his next action resulted in a student's hand getting crushed, leaving him suspended for two days. Over this time, his murderous behavior reaches a breaking point and begins a killing spree around the neighborhood, most of the killings involving those that upset him, including both of his parents.
After this, news reports say that he is continuing his killing spree, destroying buildings and killing numerous people all over the world.
Powers & Abilities
- Invulnerability: Brandon's skin is virtually impervious. He was able to withstand the spinning blades of a lawnmower, as well as a direct bullet to the back of the head and several more bullets to the body. It is unknown however how much immunity his skin possesses however, but he does have an immunity to disease.
- Superhuman strength: Despite his size, Brandon is capable of lifting more than his own body weight over his head. He can also demolish a building with great ease, as well as crush a human's hand within his own grasp.
- Telekinesis: Brandon also has the abilty to move things with his mind/control stuff with his mind.
- Levetation: Brandon can levitate himself. It was also shown when he was possesed by the ship, also when Noah saw him in the middle of the road.
- Superhuman speed: Brandon is capable of propelling himself at speeds faster than any human being. He can also apply this to his ability of flight.
- Flight: Brandon is capable of propelling himself into the sky with little to no effort and capable of being airborne for an indeterminate amount of time.
- Heat Vision: One of Brandon's most devastating powers comes in the form of his heat vision. He is able to generate beams of intense reddish-orange head from his eyes, capable of calcining human flesh and burn through a human skull.
- Technopathy: Brandon is capable of manipulating technology with his mind, allowing him to turn things like computers on and off at will. This was demonstrated when he was at Caitlyn Connor's house.
- Telekinesis: Brandon is able of moving and throwing objects with his mind. He demonstrated this when he was able to tear the metal door off the hinges of the freezer where Caitlyn's mother was working at. He also did this when he threw his adopted uncle into the garage door behind him.
- Enhanced Intellect: Brandon is a very intelligent boy, being one of the country's 1% academic performer. His particular area of expertise is that of science and mathematics.
- Alien Metal: Despite his virtually impervious nature, Brandon's body cannot withstand the effects of the metal that make up his ship. When he fell into the barn, his hand was cut by the metal on the ship. The only thing that can hurt Brandon is the ship that he was in when Tori and Kyle found him.
- It is likely that his original race deliberately intended for him to be evil, and have him destroy the human race.
- Much of his murderous behavior didn't start until after he was found sleepwalking towards the spacecraft he arrived at Earth in.
- One scene shows him levitating above said spacecraft, reciting the phrase in his alien language, "Take the world."