Biosovortians are an alien species with magnetism powers from an unknown planet in the Milky Way Galaxy.
Biosovortians have large spikes on their shoulders, crab-like claws, and two toed feet. Their bodies are made of living alien metal that is mostly colored black, while their chests, spikes, feet, and claws are yellow, and their head is silver and floats above their body.
Powers and abilities
Biosovortians can manipulate metallic objects through magnetism, sending out electromagnetic waves to either draw metallic objects toward them of repel them away from themselves with equal ease. This magnetism can affect species that are mechanical in nature such as Evolved Sonorosians and Chronosapiens.
Biosovortians possess superhuman strength, and can use their magnetism abilities to peel away metal and overload machinery.
Biosovortians possess enhanced durability, allowing them to withstand laser blasts without any major damage.
Biosovortians are able to lift metal objects in the air and shoot magnetic waves as an offensive ability.
Biosovortians can create magnetic fields, regenerate, and levitate.
Biosovortians possess magnetoreception, meaning that they can act like a compass.
Due to their heads not being connected to their bodies, Biosovortians can survive in the vacuum of space.
A Biosovortian's head is magnetically floating over their body, meaning that it can be separated from the body. This would leave the body vulnerable and unable to reconnect with the head.
Because Biosovortians do not have necks connecting their heads with their bodies, said heads can be flipped over and spun if something were to hit them.
A Biosovortian's magnetism is ineffective against materials that are not made from metal. They are also unable to lift something like Mjolnir.
- The Omnitrix's Biosovortian representative is named Lodestar, who first appeared in the Alien Force episode "Simple". He was originally unlocked in "War of the Worlds: Part 2" after the recalibrated Omnitrix was reset. Lodestar has appeared in almost every subsequent series except the reboot.
- Lodestar has also been used by Vilgax's Bioid army. Despite not appearing on-screen, it is confirmed that Albedo can transform into Lodestar.
- The name Biosovortian comes from the Biot–Savart law, an equation describing the magnetic field generated by an electric current.
- It is confirmed that the Omnitrix from the Ben 10 reboot contains Biosovortian DNA. Therefore, Lodestar is one of the countless aliens whose DNA pod was glimpsed in the episode "Innervasion Part 5: High Override".
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt
- According to Duncan Rouleau