Basalt are a rock golem species from the planet Andesite.
Biology[edit | edit source]
Anatomy[edit | edit source]
Basalt appear to be large, yellow crystalline-like rock monsters.
Powers and abilities[edit | edit source]
Andesite may be a dangerous place for Humans, but Basalt are very skilled at adapting to their environment.
Basalt possess superhuman strength, which is good for crushing and pummeling objects.
Basalt possess terrakinesis, being able to generate and manipulate earthquakes.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
Basalt are cumbersome and are neither very fast nor agile.
Water is dangerous to Basalt, as it will gradually erode and weaken their body. Additionally, Basalt cannot swim and will sink like a stone.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Omnitrix's Basalt representative is named Rocks, who first appeared in the live-action stage production Ben 10: Power of the Omnitrix. He was originally unlocked off-screen prior to the Omniverse episode "The More Things Change: Part 1".
- Despite having never appeared on-screen, Rocks has been used off-screen during Omniverse.
- The name "Basalt" comes from a type of igneous rock.
- A Basalt's powers share some similarities with the Mortal Kombat character Tremor.
- It is confirmed that the Omnitrix from the Ben 10 reboot contains Basalt DNA. Therefore, Rocks is one of the countless aliens whose DNA pod was glimpsed in the episode "Innervasion Part 5: High Override".
- There are currently no plans for Rocks to physically appear in the reboot.
References[edit | edit source]
- According to Derrick J. Wyatt
- According to Duncan Rouleau