|Racial Abilities||Strong capacity to manipulate mana|
|Behind the Scenes|
Anodites are a free-spirited race of energy beings from the planet Anodyne. Mature Anodites are pure energy and draw life from the mana around them.
Anodites are very free-spirited, and most don't take life as seriously as most humans, to the point that some Anodites disregard the morality of their actions and would rather satisfy their own personal pleasures. They can also be slightly condescending to non-energy beings. However, this doesn't stop them from helping others: "Anodites help tons of people, scads." Also, while Anodites can theoretically absorb mana from other sentient life forms, most chose not to do so.
The body of an Anodite is a dark purple, humanoid-shaped construct of pure mana. From their heads radiate streams of glowing bright pink energy, which can take the shape of tentacles, symbolizing hair. They do not have any externally visible ears, nose or lips, nor do they wear any clothing.
Anodites are able to reproduce with humans by assuming a human body. If an Anodite reproduces with a human, they can use unknown methods to try and pass on their "gifts" (which Verdona refers to as "the spark") along to their children, and this can potentially occur in offspring in later generations. For example, neither of Verdona's children inherited her Anodite powers and abilities, but her granddaughters did.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Immortality: Anodites are technically biologically immortal (incapable of death by natural causes), as they are able to change their crafted body's age at will, and Verdona's comment on how she supposed in human time she hadn't seen her son in a while further hinted at her race's extended lifespan.
- Enhanced Strength: Anodites have some degree of superhuman strength, as Gwen Tennyson was able to break free from bindings that were allegedly as strong as steel.
- Enhanced Durability: Anodites are remarkably durable seeing as Verdona was able to endure being hit with large stone rocks without being visibly injured. In their true forms, Anodites can also survive im the vacuum of space.
- Energy Projection/Manipulation: Anodites can manipulate and control life energy, the very substance of magic itself. By means of this pink/magenta-colored energy source, Anodites can generate energy blasts or create shields, barriers, ropes, chains, stepping stones, and other energy constructs. The size, complexity, and strength of these constructs is limited only by the Anodite's experience in wielding such energy. Anodites can apparently manipulate mana to a far greater degree when in their true forms. Skilled Anodites can even tamper with the mana constructs of Anodites who are not as powerful as them.
- Telekineiss: By encasing objects and people in mana, Anodites can also simulate telekinetic abilities.
- Inter-dimensional Teleportation/Transportation: Anodites can teleport themselves and others an undefined distance. Anodites can even conjure up dimensional vortexes.
- Dowsing: Anodites can track organic life-forms via their energy signature.
- Healing: Anodites can foster and infuse life energy in others, thereby inducing rapid healing.
- Mana Absorption: Anodites can draw in mana from other living things (e.g., trees and grass). The more mana an Anodite draws in, the more powerful that Anodite becomes.
- Mana Field Communication: Anodites can communicate with each other through something called the mana field, even across interstellar distances.
- Magic: As they can freely manipulate the substance that powers magic itself, Anodites can learn to use magic.
- Limited Reality Warping: Experienced and powerful Anodites can even alter reality within a localized radius and to a limited extent. Verdona was shown fixing a broken glass at her grandaughter's house, creating strong duct tape around her grandson's mouth, and repairing the destroyed area in which she fought with a mere snap of her fingers. The latter also shifted Ben and Kevin back to their conventional human forms.
- Telepathy: Anodites possess undisclosed levels of telepathic prowess and sensitivity, as Verdona, even when trapped in human form, was able to project her thoughts into Max Tennyson's mind even from extreme distances.
- Astral Projection: Anodites can project their life essence, or soul, outside themselves.
- Body Creation: Anodites can learn to make human 'bodies' for which to wear as a sort of suit or shell. These bodies can be shed or discarded, much like a snake shedding its skin. It seems that when an Anodite retains their original body, they don't shed their skin when assuming their energy form, but instead shift into their Anodite self. There is at least one alien species able to see through an Anodite's human guise.
- Size Alteration: While in her Anodite form, Gwen had shown the ability to grow to a gigantic size when she was angry. It's unknown if Anodites can use such an ability in their human forms.
- Prehensile Hair: Anodites can manipulate the hair-like stream of energy that radiates from their head, solidifying it to use as tendrils to grasp or ensnare objects.
- Flight: Experienced Anodites can fly throug space whereas novices can merely levitate.
- Draining: Anodites can be drained of their energy to the point of death or being rendered powerless.
- Geochelone Aerio: Raw mana attacks are useless against Geochelone Aerios; however, this race isn't entirely immune to the effects of magic and spells.
- Magic: Despite being entirely comprised of the very substance of magic, Anodites are still susceptible to the effects of magic. Magic can be used to ward beings against mana attacks or steal an Anodite's powers.
- Non-biological Life Forms: Anodites cannot track Ectonurites, as they have no mana, nor does their tracking work well with non-biological life forms (i.e. robots, androids, etc.).
- Overwhelming: It allegedly requires about 75 years before an Anodite can fully master their true powers. Using their full power before achieving complete control may result in them being overwhelmed and losing sight of themselves.
- Technology: Anodite energy can also have trouble with technology and vice versa. For example, in an area riddled with technology an Anodite may struggle to divine the location of someone. Advanced technology can also be used to neutralize an Anodite's powers (e.g., a member of the Synthroid race had a bracelet which inhibited most of an Anodite's powers, except for their telepathy, and imprisoned them in human form).
- As Anodites are composed of and can freely manipulate mana, the very essence of magic, they are able to use magic.
- It seems that in terms of raw power, an Anodite (e.g. Gwen) is more powerful than a human magic user (e.g. Hex and Charmcaster).
- However, it is evident that the holder of the Alpha Rune, human or otherwise, can manipulate magic itself and is more powerful than an Anodite.
- Anodites lack DNA.
- Therefore, any child an Anodite produces with another species, will be related to that Anodite via parentage, but biologically the offspring will remain 100% pure to the species of the other parent.
- However, Anodites do have something analogous to genetic material.
- ↑ According to Verdona in What are Little Girls Made Of?