Alien Hominids are an extremely mysterious species of yellow-skinned bipeds from an unknown planet. Not even their true names are known, and thus they are referred to simply by the most simple description possible.
Biology[edit | edit source]
The hominids are small yellow creatures, about 2 to 3 feet tall (~ 61 - 91 cm). They have large, yellow heads and antennae, which are topped with small yellow balls. Their bodies are wide, and arms are thin and yellow, and they have four fingers on each hand. They also only have three toes on each foot. They have large mouths with three yellow bottom teeth. They seem to have a strong jaw, biting through Human flesh and bone in one bite.
Culture and society[edit | edit source]
Technology[edit | edit source]
The hominids have green laser pistols that shoot small yellow bullets. They also use grenades and blades as secondary weapons. The pistols can get different ammo, such as big bullets, acid or flame bullets. This also affects grenades. Their UFOs have rounded cockpits on a circular base with the main engine rockets on the bottom. On the sides, they have two pods on the sides that may be secondary engines.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Alien Hominid (2002)
- Alien Hominid HD (2007)
- Castle Crashers (2008)
- Alien Hominid Invasion (2020)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- They first appeared in a flash game on Newgrounds, and the game was re-released for Xbox, Gamecube, PS2, and Gameboy Advance. The programmer for the game was Tom Fulp, and the visual designer was Dan Paladin. Tom also created Newgrounds.
- The hominids also appeared in Castle Crashers, another game made by Tom Fulp. In one level, your knight character got captured by the hominids and had to escape. Also, if you had Alien Hominid HD, you would unlock four secret items:
- Helmet in the shape of the hominid's head
- Alien hominid pistol
- Grenade shaped shield
- Yellow body armor
- In the flash version, the hominid's UFO had a bumper sticker that said "Mars". Given that bumper stickers of places typically are not from a person's home location, this would indicate that they are not Martians.