|Height||About average human|
|Behind the Scenes|
Aerophibians are a species of manta ray-like aliens from the oceanic planet Aeropela.
Aerophibians are humanoid manta rays with yellow or orange horns that are connected to their mouths, lizard-like tails, and membranous wings that are yellow in the front and either red or yellow in the back. Their hips have markings that resemble gills, and they have a black zigzag pattern around their upper torso that sometimes has a yellow outline.
Although they traditionally have red skin, Aerophibians can come in other colors. For example, Benjamin Franklin's Jet has blue skin.
Powers and abilities
Aerophibians are capable of flying at the speed of sound. They are highly adaptable, being able to breath underwater and survive in the vacuum of space. Therefore, they are considered to be an all-terrain species.
An Aerobibian's neuroshock blasts can be used to start fires. In fact, they are mostly used as methods in both hunting prey and self-defense.
Aerophibians are durable enough to withstand being shot at by a fighter jet. For Omni-Kix Aerophibians, their natural durability is increased thanks to their Omni-Kix armor.
In addition to their eyes, Aerophibians can fire neuroshock blasts from their tails, and can charge their atatcks in a way that leaves a glowing green trail while flying.
Aerophibians possess enhanced strength, which extends to their prehensile feet and tail.
An Aerophibian's eyesight is very limited, meaning they can only see things properly if they are very close to them.
Aerophibians can be accidentally harmed by their own neuroshock blasts if they are deflected back at them by a mirror. Their neuroshock blasts can also be absorbed by either a Prypiatosian-B or an Insectoid's plasma balls.
Aerophibians can be trapped in an Arachnichimp's webbing.
Aerophibians are unable to fly in Ledgerdomain because its skies are unparallel to a conventional planet's. In general, young Aerophibians may have trouble flying straight at their age as older Aerophibians have no difficulty doing so.
Despite their enhanced durability, Aerophibians can still feel pain from being shot at. They can also be harmed by a Prypiatosian-B's radioactive blasts.
The Aerophibians build cities inside the spiral rocks on Aeropela. In prehistoric times, Aerophibians used their neuroshock blasts to hunt prey. Today, they mostly use these blasts for self-defense.
- The Omnitrix's Aerophibian representative is named Jetray, who first appeared in the Alien Force episode "Everybody Talks About the Weather". Jetray has appeared in almost every subsequent series except Omniverse.
- It has been confirmed that the Ben Tennyson of Dimension 23 does not have an equivalent of Jetray.
- Jetray has also been used by the Prime Timeline Kevin, Albedo, the Ben 10 Franklin version of Benjamin Franklin, and Ultimate Ben.
- The species' name is a combination of "aero" and "amphibian".
- For a time, it was rumored that Derrick J. Wyatt disliked the Aerophibians' design, leading him to create Pturbosaurians as their "replacements". However, Wyatt has denied these rumors, stating the crew had neither intended nor even wanted to replace any Omnitrix aliens.
- When it came to incorporating Jetray into Omniverse, Wyatt begrudgingly excluded him from the series because he could not figure out how he wanted Jetray to look or how to put clothes on him.
- Despite his absence in Omniverse, Jetray was eventually brought back to the franchise for the reboot series because of his space survivability.
- Around the same time, it has been confirmed beforehand that the Omnitrix in that continuity contains Aerophibian DNA. Therefore, Jetway was one of the countless aliens whose DNA pod was glimpsed in the episode "Innervasion Part 5: High Override" before being added to the active playlist for Season 4, replacing Stinkfly.